Restoring deleted items from Equipment Manager (as GM)

#1 - May 3, 2011, 4:41 p.m.
Blizzard Post
Hi There,

I have been dealing with various GM's trying to get items restored for my mage which were deleted at some point last month (if you require the GM's names I have them available).

GM says he can only restore items which he can see in the deleted item list, this is fair enough, however if an item is not in the deleted items list but it exists inthe Equipment manager under any set, then the character did indeed have that item and it should be availalble for restoring.

Currently the GM's say they dont have access to the item list if items that exisit in the various sets in Equipment Manager - and thus cant restore them - please provide this access for future and if you decide its a bad idea or dont want to go with it then please get a GM with access to equipment manager items to restore my missing items.

Having an option to auto-restore all items from all sets or 1 set under equipment manager (which dont exist in a players bank / inventory) will make things easier for players and GM's and also give GM's more free time to deal with other issues.

When I tell the GM i had full 329+ items they seem to not belive me, which makes no sense because I can link then HC achivements which show i had atleast 329+ average ilvl.

Also GM says item history is purged based on item quility, where quility is legendary, epic, blue, green, white, and not based on iLvL - surely if a character ever wants something restored he is not interested in his lvl 70 epics, he would rather have his 85 blues? - legendaries yes sure keep them forever, they actually hard to get.
Forum Avatar
Customer Service
#2 - May 4, 2011, 3:36 p.m.
Blizzard Post
Hi there, Frostfires.

Thanks for the feedback. In most cases the restoration of items is relatively simple and can be done even after a long period of time, but sadly this isn't always the case. Most of the time it comes down to how quickly something is reported to us.

Something that concerns me is that, in your ticket, you say that your characters were deleted by your brother. This is incredibly serious; your brother should not have access to your account for any reason, and if you're leaving a shared computer unattended you should log out of the game first. Preventing damage to your character and items should be the first goal here and will help you avoid disappointment in the future.

Please make sure that your account password is changed and kept secret in the future. :)
Forum Avatar
Customer Service
#9 - May 4, 2011, 7:58 p.m.
Blizzard Post
you have to pay ingame gold to get items from the mail box

This isn't something that we normally do Winifix but in some situations we may deny the restoration or charge for it via COD.