So.. GC. details on the upcomming Nerfs?

#0 - March 19, 2010, 12:47 a.m.
Blizzard Post
The phrase 'Being DeathKnighted' is already becoming nomenclature for what we all know is the 'mega paladin nerf' which is incoming.

Please, just end the speculation and just announce it, or at least give us an indication of WHAT form the nerfs are going to take.

We (the Paladin Tanks) KNOW that you guys are going to 'drop the hammer' (pun intended) on Paladin Tanking...

So, just end the silence and tell us, so we can sit down and discuss with our relevant raid teams what we need to do with respect to tanking roles and responsibilities.

Please don't do another 'oh by the way here's another undocumented list of Paladin hotfixes' which guts Paladin tanking...

And.. when HOTR is butchered... what is being done with the 2pc T10 bonus?
#19 - March 19, 2010, 2:14 a.m.
Blizzard Post
Falling sky is falling.
#31 - March 19, 2010, 2:22 a.m.
Blizzard Post
Q u o t e:
Are you going to retreat to the sea for safety?

I have an exoskeleton of chitin and carbonate that offers ample protection from falling skies as well as forum slings and arrows.

We haven't announced any new paladin nerfs. It's possible we won't make any changes before Cataclysm. We haven't decided yet.

It works out better, IMHO, if I can be as honest with you guys as I can. If I can't even say "Wer'e worried X might be overpowered" for fear of community freak out, then it just makes it harder to discuss how we think the game is going and you get to find out changes with the patch notes. :(
#69 - March 19, 2010, 4:26 a.m.
Blizzard Post
Q u o t e:
I know you know this already, but no matter what you or anyone else does, there will always be loud, vociferous, panic-filled members of any game community that go to arms the second they have something to possibly worry about. When balancing community interaction, you must do so assuming that the "Histrionics" debuff will have >90% uptime, so to speak.

With good practice you can learn to recognize it quickly in your peripheral vision and completely tune it out, kind of like that one party member who always asks for Might instead of Kings.

Yeah, I know. I'm not about to gquit or anything. I just figure pointing it out sometimes might help get some players to phrase their concerns differently next time. :)