Cannot Dance While In Combat

#1 - April 27, 2011, 7:58 p.m.
Blizzard Post
Silly change. Really annoying.

I would love a reasoning behind why but alas, I doubt I'll ever get an explanation.
Forum Avatar
Community Manager
#17 - April 28, 2011, 11:09 p.m.
Blizzard Post
04/27/2011 12:58 PMPosted by Zelkina
I would love a reasoning behind why but alas, I doubt I'll ever get an explanation.

Cast your doubts aside!

Dancing while in combat was disabled to fix some unfortunate animation bugs. For example, several races do a torso twist as part of their special attack animation, and that would go haywire when the character was also trying to dance.

Part of what makes WoW a compelling experience is the sense of immersion in this alternate world, and that is a sense that can be disrupted by graphic glitches.

We definitely hear the outcry over the dancing in combat. Our tactic is going to be to try to let characters dance while they are in combat, and always break the dance when a foe is engaged (so you could dance while in combat, but only when your character is idle). We are just starting to investigate this solution, but I can assure you that it is being evaluated. I’ve heard that directly from the mouths of the devs.

Having said that, we realize there are plenty of other areas in the game where the art can get into a less than optimal state, and nobody should assume that we just don’t care about those – they are all on the radar.