Blizzard Being sneaky now, WTF

#1 - April 27, 2011, 3:34 a.m.
Blizzard Post
Is it me or has blizzard been awfully sneaky lately making changes that were not even mentiond in patch notes or even stated that the change was going to happen for example.

1. They changed the way u gain conquest points u now gain 100 someting points per win, now u have to do like 25 games to get capped on points. This is a huge change and it wasnt even mentioned in patch notes.

2. the little loket thing u buy for 5k gold that tranforms u into a nigh elf is no longer usable in arena, although this is not that big of a issue it was not stated in patch notes.

So this leaves me to believe that blizz knows the changes are stupid and dont make sence so they dont mention them in patch notes beacuase they dont want to hear ppl qq to them about it. So my question to u is Why so sneaky blizz u afraid of something???
Forum Avatar
Community Manager
#22 - April 27, 2011, 4:59 a.m.
Blizzard Post
04/26/2011 09:41 PMPosted by Sayitsoftly
But if it's really to the point where they feel the need to be sneaky and outright dishonest because they can't handle it, then maybe some of them are in the wrong business.

I think there's an unreasonable expectation that we can't make normal, human, mistakes. Or rather, we make them all the time, except when they're unpopular, and then we must have purposefully planned it that way. Patch Note Paranoia.

We actually take pride, as silly as it may sound, in our patch notes. It's not easy to tell the amount of time that's needed to draft every single line in those notes, and the amount of care taken to ensure patch notes are not only a comprehensive resource, but provide a clear and understandable listing of every change, feature and fix in a patch. But that doesn't stop human error from occurring.
Forum Avatar
Community Manager
#39 - April 27, 2011, 5:29 a.m.
Blizzard Post
04/26/2011 10:16 PMPosted by Kelto
So u telling me that u forgot to mention a major part of pvp has been changed and u now have to do it a different way. Im sorry i dont buy the fact that human error is the problem. Thats like saying. We are requiring u to run 25 raids to get capped on valor points.... but we were so busy taking out the fact that worgens can roar that we forgot to put it down in the notes. Im sorry i dont buy the fact u forget...errr " human error" prevented u from putting such a massive change down in patch notes.

Right. You're right. We specifically did not mention it in the patch notes so I could work late explaining that it was an error and announcing it separately. You have it all figured out.
Forum Avatar
Community Manager
#100 - April 27, 2011, 6:04 a.m.
Blizzard Post
04/26/2011 10:51 PMPosted by Chainsawlips
still no excuse for bad attitude toward your player base.

I'm here to communicate about the game, not plaster on a smile and say thank you as Blizzard or myself are verbally abused. There's a difference between being negative and just outright disrespectful, and in my position I'm free to communicate as an equal. It's what allows us as community managers to (ideally) be relate-able when we do show up to talk about something, and (ideally) not just be service-counter corporate robots.

I'm here to communicate, and communication is a two way street.
Forum Avatar
Community Manager
#129 - April 27, 2011, 6:16 a.m.
Blizzard Post
04/26/2011 11:08 PMPosted by Chainsawlips
So u telling me that u forgot to mention a major part of pvp has been changed and u now have to do it a different way. Im sorry i dont buy the fact that human error is the problem. Thats like saying. We are requiring u to run 25 raids to get capped on valor points.... but we were so busy taking out the fact that worgens can roar that we forgot to put it down in the notes. Im sorry i dont buy the fact u forget...errr " human error" prevented u from putting such a massive change down in patch notes.

this is the post you quoted i see no verbal abuse in here, maybe i am missing something

He called me, the development team, and our staff collective liars to a degree that we purposefully worked to deceive. That's far more disrespectful than someone that just spouts off nonsense about how much something 'sux'. It's a meditated opinion formed with an intent to discredit our integrity through misinformation.

Call me a jerk, say my ideas are terrible, tell me you think we make bad decisions, but I'm not going to be called a liar in my own home.
Forum Avatar
Community Manager
#170 - April 27, 2011, 6:34 a.m.
Blizzard Post
So yeah, this was fun. Let's focus our eyes elsewhere.