Game is worse than when servers went live

#1 - April 27, 2011, 2:10 a.m.
Blizzard Post
At first I logged on today to experience a bunch of lag. Ok it is patch day, I'll deal with it. Hopefully it will go away once I'm out of Orgrimmar. 5 minutes of game freezing lag later I'm able to RDF for a ZA/ZG heroic.

I get in relatively quick for being a dps this gets me eager to do the new dungeon. I can see that it is the last boss of ZA. At this point I'm experiencing no lag it's as if a patch wasn't even released. So the tank pulls then the game freezes. My instant cast spells have petrified my character and the world of warcraft.

I go take a smoke break after a half hour I come back log on and the lag in Orgrimmar is much much worse (this is after the server restarts). I can't even log in to move my character before WoW freezes again. I can log onto any other character not in Orgrimmar. So I think to myself maybe if I open a ticket I can get a nice GM to move my shaman to Thunder Bluff so maybe I could do something.

This is when the game starts to refuse retrieving my character list...

I've been around on patch days before but this is ridiculous. Easily the worst implementation of a patch, especially one that only introduced 2 slightly modified existing dungeons and a few bells and whistles like CTA and the Guild Finder. This is coming from someone who was playing during the AQ server event and patches all the way from 1.1. It's as if they gave all the devs the holiday for the past 6 months since they give us a patch with glaring problems such as this.
Forum Avatar
Community Manager
#15 - April 27, 2011, 2:46 a.m.
Blizzard Post
We have a hotfix in which should correct outstanding Retrieving Character List hangs, game logins, and instance disconnects related to the new Optimize for Network Speed option that some people are experiencing.

It will take realm restarts to pick up the hotfix which aren't currently scheduled until off-peak tonight.

If you haven't already, please refer to the sticky thread for some possible fixes and/or to continue discussion on this topic.

http://us.battle.net/wow/en/forum/topic/2416207628
Forum Avatar
Community Manager
#29 - April 27, 2011, 4:23 a.m.
Blizzard Post
Sorry, I meant to lock this.

Please feel free to keep constructive posts coming in the sticky I linked.