How did you discover your first Blizzard Game

#1 - April 22, 2011, 4:32 p.m.
Blizzard Post
So I was in another thread and I brought up how my first games were C&C and then WC2 and it dawned on me. I have been playing Blizzard Products my entire life. From WC2, to SC, to D2, to WC3 to WoW.

It's sad but aslong as Blizzard continues to produce good games, I suppose I'll continue to play their games!

Anyway, to answer the thread's question: How did you discover your first Blizzard Game?

I discovered mine when I was 8-10 years old (don't know how young I was, but I'm 21 now) at the Boys & Girls club, they had WC2 installed on a couple of computer games and I fell in love with it immediately. Wow, I've been playing Blizzard games for 13 years. xD

How about you?
Forum Avatar
Community Manager
#44 - April 22, 2011, 7:02 p.m.
Blizzard Post
Rock n' Roll Racing! I even remember seeing the Blizzard logo for the first time in all its 16bit glory and thinking how cool it was. Most everyone else had boring company logos, and made up names. It seemed more like a game title and logo itself, which always stayed with me. I actually didn't put two and two together that Rock n' Roll Racing was the same guys that made the Warcraft games until way later. And then I was all like WOAH THEY ARE SO TALENTED

In Jr. High my friends and I were super PC nerds so we'd spend all lunch every day in our history teacher's classroom playing Dune 2, and he'd play Toy Dolls, which is this pretty obscure British punk band but with a comedy angle... anyway those days really shaped me. We were already into PC games but that RTS revelation of course led to immediately picking up Warcraft when it came out, (and getting into punk quite a bit more) and on and on.

Strangely enough I hadn't really followed Blizzard at that point, it took Diablo to really make me understand that this was a brand, a name that meant something to the games coming out with their logo on it.