Rumors of unsavoury activity

#1 - April 19, 2011, 1:49 p.m.
Blizzard Post
I have heard rumours of characters offering gold for ERP. So I have some questions:

Is it against the rules to offer (or ask for) gold in return for ERP? As an uncle and godfather it's not an activity I like to hear of happening in a teen rated game.

Is it against the rules to 'sting' players involved in this unsavoury activity by taking the gold and then telling them where to go?

I know it sounds suspect but if one of my alts was offered unsolicited gold for this activity I would be very tempted to take it, tell the idiot where to go and donate it to the guild bank - if I thought the player would not be punished if reported. If making the offer was clearly against the rules I would take the gold as evidence of the transaction and immediately report it to a GM.
Forum Avatar
Customer Service
#4 - April 19, 2011, 4:48 p.m.
Blizzard Post
Hi there, Seantóir.

As mentioned already, this kind of... err, 'roleplay' would undoubtedly be against our behaviour policies. It's simply not suitable for a game rated 12+.

Furthermore, you're much better off simply ignoring anyone offering this sort of... err, 'service'. Please don't accept their gold in an attempt to 'teach them a lesson' or to 'collect evidence'; in fact, I wouldn't even reply to them. Simply report them using the in-game ticket system and leave it to us.

Hope that helps. :)