Thank You Blizzard(from an engineer)

#0 - Nov. 15, 2007, 5:18 p.m.
Blizzard Post
Naturally in a few days, or a week or a month or even now we'll all start saying, How bout you give us this or that. Before we lapse into gimmi mode, I wanted to say Thank you for giving us engineers something to be happy about!

The flying machine is fantastic. I found myself not even taking the windrider in favor of taking a mellow noise filled sputtering ride... I would end up somewhere and actually forget wtf I was planning on doing and where I was going. And it's fantastic being a miner engineer now, flying around Zang, Nagrand, Shadowmoon & Netherstorm collectin motes and ore.

And although I would prefer Jesus on teh Dashboard, the Hula dancer was a nice touch :). Thanks again...

Now how bout...
#3 - Nov. 15, 2007, 6:27 p.m.
Blizzard Post
I will personally take any and all credit for all programming, art, design, and implementation. So thank you.

Kidding. A lot of people worked very hard to get it into the game, and personally, I think the artists and animators put out some of their best work with the Flying Machine.

Enjoy. It was all for you.
#9 - Nov. 15, 2007, 7:32 p.m.
Blizzard Post
Q u o t e:
so we can have robot wars.

I miss that show.

Q u o t e:
/agreed. Nice one, Blizz. I'm guessing this completed the Engi revamp that was hinted at ages ago, and some doubted would ever happen. Totally wonderful stuff this!

I don't think it's achieved everything we want to with the profession, but it definitely fills the fun/unique/look-at-me/holy-crap-awesome gap for sure. I don't think anyone here is patting themselves on the back quite yet though.