WoW Guild Structure is all Wrong.

#0 - March 19, 2010, 8:22 p.m.
Blizzard Post
I've noticed this unsettling trend appearing in guilds recently. I'm sure you've all seen these qualities in guilds.

You are required to fill out an "Application" in order to get in the guild, like you're applying to a job, which is by far the WORST idea I think i've ever heard about online groups! If you must, use the In-Game Mail system to send applications, don't force us to go to your website, register our E-Mail in a questionable free-guild hosting website. This can be easily replaced by a simple conversation, and stupid questions like "What do you hope to bring to the guild?", these are really pointless questions, what kind of awnser would you say to that? "I hope to bring the healing I can perform??"

There's a niche of officers or higher up members in a closely knit niche.

They're the one always in every raid, and sign up to them months ahead of time without even knowing if they can actually go or not.

They have personal conversations in guild chat so that everyone can hear about how interesting they are.

When they speak in vent, everyone else is silent, also have personal conversations in vent.

They get raid entry and loot ahead of other, newer members.

Constantly falsely blaming themselves for everything in a desperate attempt to get sympathy and attention from other members.

IF THERE IS A FEMALE IN ANY GUILD, SHE IS ALWAYS TOP RANK!!!! NO EXCEPTIONS!!!

Newer members get ignored.

I remember when you asked to join a guild, you're in! You want to raid with us? If you think you can do it, you're in! Raid signup? Whoever is online at the time is in! Loot? /roll highest wins it! None of this DKP or "Loot Council" foolishness.

My guild is not a example of this,

TL:DR - I have poor social skills and dislike being forced to work with others.
#42 - March 19, 2010, 10 p.m.
Blizzard Post
Q u o t e:
I've noticed this unsettling trend appearing in guilds recently. I'm sure you've all seen these qualities in guilds.

You are required to fill out an "Application" in order to get in the guild, like you're applying to a job, which is by far the WORST idea I think i've ever heard about online groups! If you must, use the In-Game Mail system to send applications, don't force us to go to your website, register our E-Mail in a questionable free-guild hosting website. This can be easily replaced by a simple conversation, and stupid questions like "What do you hope to bring to the guild?", these are really pointless questions, what kind of awnser would you say to that? "I hope to bring the healing I can perform??"

There's a niche of officers or higher up members in a closely knit niche.

They're the one always in every raid, and sign up to them months ahead of time without even knowing if they can actually go or not.

They have personal conversations in guild chat so that everyone can hear about how interesting they are.

When they speak in vent, everyone else is silent, also have personal conversations in vent.

They get raid entry and loot ahead of other, newer members.

Constantly falsely blaming themselves for everything in a desperate attempt to get sympathy and attention from other members.

IF THERE IS A FEMALE IN ANY GUILD, SHE IS ALWAYS TOP RANK!!!! NO EXCEPTIONS!!!

Newer members get ignored.

I remember when you asked to join a guild, you're in! You want to raid with us? If you think you can do it, you're in! Raid signup? Whoever is online at the time is in! Loot? /roll highest wins it! None of this DKP or "Loot Council" foolishness.

My guild is not a example of this,

TL:DR - I have poor social skills and dislike being forced to work with others.

I've never seen all of those qualities in one single guild, and some I've never seen at all. A few you describe are behaviors that I've seen since elementary school, such as "There's a niche of officers or higher up members in a closely knit niche.".

I'm afraid niches are a part of life.
#46 - March 19, 2010, 10:07 p.m.
Blizzard Post
Q u o t e:
The only thing from that list I find true in our guild is the officers are always in the raids. We are in a 10 man guild with 4 officers 1 being the guild leader. We are a raiding guild so of course we will be in the raid. So are the other raiders that have a spot saved just for them.

How dare you play an active role in your raiding guild, and have a spot! ;)
#61 - March 19, 2010, 10:29 p.m.
Blizzard Post
Q u o t e:

Ah snap I got quoted by a blue.

btw I'm on to you Eyonix you have a warlock from the bloodlust battlegroup. I'll find you some day Waldo.

You're more likely to find me on my elemental shaman. :D