Question about talents w/ Before the Storm

#0 - Dec. 1, 2006, 3:07 a.m.
Blizzard Post
Has it been said anywhere which set of talents will be patched on the Tuesday patch? Will it be the (possibly outdated) talents on the PTR or will be talents that are on The Burning Crusade beta?

It isn't a life or death issue but it would be nice to have an idea which build I will have come Tuesday.

Thanks
#2 - Dec. 1, 2006, 3:27 a.m.
Blizzard Post
The talents released with the 2.0.1 patch will be more recent than those seen on the current PTRs; however as the beta talents are in a constant flux there will likely continue to be some discrepancy until the release of the expansion.
#18 - Dec. 1, 2006, 4:08 a.m.
Blizzard Post
Q u o t e:
Then what's the point of releasing the new talents before expansion?

Entertainment?
#22 - Dec. 1, 2006, 4:17 a.m.
Blizzard Post
Q u o t e:
Will the talents released with 2.0.1 include, for example, Shadow Step, or will Cloak of Shadows go live as a 41 point talent until TBC releases?

I don't have a list of each talent that will be available in the final patch versus what is available on the current PTRs, and if I did it's very possible that they could change between now and patch day.

Q u o t e:
So does this mean that A) the people who don't buy the expansion will have different talent trees than those who do or B) patch 2.0 will NOT be the bridge patch that will give all the things not specifically expansion-related?

Neither? The 2.0.1 patch is working off of a specific version of the beta patch when pulling all of the new features. As the beta continues development it may have changes that are "newer" than the 2.0.1 patch. When the expansion releases everyone will be patched up to the same version and have all of the same talents, expansion owners or otherwise.

Q u o t e:
Another relevant question: will the classes whose talents change between next Tuesday's patch and TBC get another free respec when TBC is released?

Only if it's deemed necessary by any additional changes made for each class.
#36 - Dec. 1, 2006, 4:39 a.m.
Blizzard Post
Q u o t e:
The Shoop.

Here I go, here I go! Here. I. Go. Again. Rogues what's my weakness? REND!

Ok then. I'm chillin', chillin', mindin' my business. I took a look around and I couldn't believe this, I swear, I stared, my priest my witness.

Eh, that's all I got for now.
#58 - Dec. 1, 2006, 7 a.m.
Blizzard Post
Q u o t e:
So uh let me see if I understand this.

You are rolling out a patch to 6+ million paying customers in under a week, yet don't know exactly what is going in it? What is this; MyFirstApp built by Playskoolâ„¢?

Correct, as commonly we work from a build candidate. I could easily tell you what's in the build candidate we're working with now, but the question is will that be the build candidate that is released? Maybe, maybe not, but by telling you what you may see I'm creating expectations for something that may change.

What would be gained by you knowing exactly what is in the current build candidate? You could plan out your talent spec beforehand or complain that x, y, or z is not included. What could be lost? The entire player base could be disappointed when the information we released doesn't turn out to be true. We take full blame for releasing information that ended up changing and creating expectations over something that didn't pan out. We're called dirty liars, etc. etc.

I'm sure you don't mind but we don't really appreciate even entertaining that outcome. We're more than content to have a big curtain over the patch with a shiny question mark. You don't NEED to know exactly what's in the patch to continue enjoying the game, and we would much rather not be called liars for trying to help by giving out information that really isn't necessary that we give out.