Suggestion: GM "Response Wanted" Tick Box

#1 - April 13, 2011, 12:59 p.m.
Blizzard Post
I have seen a recent increase (or at least I am noticing them more) of botters on my server, resulting in countless amounts of in-game tickets to get rid of them, and one thought that ran through my head was a tick box to show if you really need to speak with a GM or just send a report.

I have previously put comments in my tickets to say that I dont really need to be spoken to (as i find it a bit awkward at times!) but I guess it is standard for them to have to respond in writing.

This would help speed up GM response times (although this has been improved a lot recently) as we dont have to wait for the GM to copy and paste the generic replies and say goodbye in epic ways.

Just my 2 copper :)
Forum Avatar
Customer Service
#4 - April 14, 2011, 10:35 a.m.
Blizzard Post
These days we try to make sure that every player contacting us receives an online reply as soon as possible, and that as few as possible receive an 'offline' response. That said, if you'd prefer not to be whispered please feel free to say so in your ticket.

Something like "Please send me an offline response as I'd prefer not to be whispered." as the first line would be appropriate, and in most cases it will be honoured by the GM answering your ticket. :)
Forum Avatar
Customer Service
#11 - April 15, 2011, 4:08 p.m.
Blizzard Post
I'm sorry if my previous reply failed to acknowledge your suggestion properly or gave you the impression that I had missed the point. I fully appreciate that repeatedly contacting us with reports about behaviour/exploitation and having to speak to a GM each time is probably quite tedious for you.

Re-reading my response I realise that I failed to explain my first point fully, so let me try again. The ability to 'report an issue' and avoid speaking to a GM was a bit confusing. We saw a lot of players contacting us a second, third, sometimes fourth time, upset that we had seemingly ignored their original ticket(s) and/or sent them a mail despite their being online and waiting to chat to us.

Obviously this was not the intended outcome. We don't want you guys to be confused or frustrated at us, especially not over a simple misunderstanding. Not only that, but we found that the vast majority of players always want to be spoken to regardless of what they're contacting us about, and so we've been doing out utmost to make sure that happens.

That said, in 4.1 we're going to be revamping the support UI; the main focus will be on making the in-game knowledge base easier to use and read, but, at the time of writing, part of this revamp will include the addition of a Report Abuse feature that may address your complaint. If not, this can be revisited post 4.1 through further discussion. :)