Help
Regional FlagOld Honor TitlesSource
Vasflam
Target Source
#0 - 2009/11/24 07:35:33 PM
They are getting rid of our old arena titles and giving us arena points??????

Can someone please point me in the direction of the notes so I can start freaking out over the fact that I might be losing one of the most difficult to obtain goals ever in this game...

Blue Poster
Target Source
#18 - 2009/11/24 07:52:12 PM
In Cataclysm, we plan to make the old PvP titles available based on your performance in our upcoming rated Battleground system, similar to the current Arena titles which are based on your performance in the Arenas. Keep in mind, however, that Cataclysm is still relatively early in the development stages and this information is subject to change. We'll have more on the rated Battleground system and associated rewards in the months ahead.

Blue Poster
Target Source
#27 - 2009/11/24 07:57:45 PM
Q u o t e:

Mmm - sounds like rated battlegrounds aren't granting arena points anymore (ie - they're going to have another system)? Or am I reading this wrong?

The current plan is still for rated Battlegrounds to grant Arena points, though some rewards will require a certain rating from this system just as with the current Arena system.

Q u o t e:
Sounds cool!

Just for clarification, when you say 'purchase' do you mean for real life hard cash or do you mean purchased though in game gold, honor points, etc...?

I'm going to clarify my original post, as I don't believe it's been decided yet whether they'll be purchased with Arena points or Honor points, or if a specific Battleground rating is the only requirement to unlock them. There are no plans to make these titles available for real-world money.

Blue Poster
Target Source
#66 - 2009/11/24 08:21:31 PM
Q u o t e:

I'm curious as to why you would bring back these titles now.

We feel they're going to fit well with the new rated Battleground system. The titles were previously earned through a very cumbersome experience that didn't necessarily measure a player's PvP skill. With a new system for measuring performance in the Battlegrounds, we feel it's a good fit to award the honor titles to those who excel. We do not intend for the top titles to be earned in a trivial manner. It's going to be quite hard to get High Warlord or Grand Marshal; and not because it's going to require that someone plays in the Battlegrounds more than everyone else on their realm each week, but because it's going to require a very impressive win/loss ratio.

Blue Poster
Target Source
#89 - 2009/11/24 08:29:54 PM
Q u o t e:
This is a horrible idea. Another way Blizzard is dumbing down the game and making it easy to get something that in the past was extremely difficult to achieve.

This is specifically the problem. What you say was once difficult to achieve was due to an ill-implemented system that was changed as soon as we prepared to release The Burning Crusade. Difficulty in World of Warcraft should not always be a measurement of sheer time invested. It should be a measurement of your skill as a player while you're in the game.

Blue Poster
Target Source
#232 - 2009/11/24 09:29:57 PM
Q u o t e:

Please Zar tell us then what happens to all the people who worked hard for their accomplishment? Whether the system was poorly implemented or not is not a great reason to diminish ones achievements that they are proud of.

As I said before, these features are still under development and subject to change. We'll have more details for you when they are available.

Blue Poster
Target Source
#258 - 2009/11/24 09:51:07 PM
Q u o t e:
Which is why we continue to reply to this post and complain ... before its too late ... old pvper want to be sure you guys realize that we are seriously mad about this "possible" change and it will make a lot of us very sad. Specially that introducing new title instead would make everyone happy.

And we're listening... at least to those who can voice a concern without requiring that we moderate their posts.

Blue Poster
Target Source
#277 - 2009/11/24 09:59:16 PM
Q u o t e:
Maybe we, the old players, aren't in a number big enough to designers care about... I don't understand polls asking how long are we playing this game and soon after they decide to remove something that separate us from the crowd...

... I mean, these days I don't have time enough to play... my epeen is not that big but was nice to be a member of this club while all people with more time show me all their nice equipment and shine new titles.

I feel like Roy in Blade Runner...

I got my main up to Lieutenant Commander under the old system, which was about as much as I could muster with work and life. Those of us working here have a vested interest in making this the best game possible, both as players and employees. Having said that, the PvP titles were never intentionally meant to be symbols of status for players who happened to participate in the original Honor system. If we wanted that we'd just display the date your character was created below your name. We do however understand that, regardless of our intentions, these titles have become somewhat of a symbol of status in the game. I still wear mine sometimes. This is all being considered as we develop the rated Battleground system and appreciate those who are voicing their opinions in a constructive manner, straying from hyperbole and assumptions.