Why am sitting inside the mount

#1 - April 13, 2011, 11:03 a.m.
Blizzard Post
I noticed almost all mounts now a visual glitch with the character "sinking" into the mount and not sitting on the saddle.

Also, all npcs don't hold their weapons in their closed fist but rather the open the palm and the weapon is like stuck to their hands.

So I gotta ask a question: How in hell's name did you, devs, manage to @*#* up stuff that was working for years and had no reason whatsoever to be altered.
Forum Avatar
Customer Service
#6 - April 13, 2011, 12:35 p.m.
Blizzard Post
Hi Khron,

This is a client side issue which means that doing a UI reset (or running the repair tool) should hopefully fix it. Please back up the Interface & WTF found in your World of Warcraft directory and then do a UI reset to try and resolve the issue: http://eu.battle.net/wow/en/forum/topic/900641315#3
Forum Avatar
Customer Service
#10 - April 13, 2011, 3:46 p.m.
Blizzard Post
Hi Khron,

This is a client side issue which means that doing a UI reset (or running the repair tool) should hopefully fix it. Please back up the Interface & WTF found in your World of Warcraft directory and then do a UI reset to try and resolve the issue: http://eu.battle.net/wow/en/forum/topic/900641315#3
If I'm not completely off here you can just delete the Cache folder which has nothing to do with the UI which means he doesn't have to reconfigure all his addons :)

Very true, which is why I suggested the backup of the Interface & WTF folders (technically he would only delete the Cache folder) - Khron, you're more than welcome to just delete the cache folder straight up if you want, just remember to exit the client first. :)

The mount positioning issues have been forwarded for investigation and will be fixed as soon as possible, thanks for the report.
Forum Avatar
Customer Service
#12 - April 14, 2011, 2:02 p.m.
Blizzard Post
14/04/2011 00:50Posted by Iskarjareck
Followed the instructions above and still happening so if you could look into this it would be cool. [for reference, it seemed to start when you fixed the issue with the stone drakes carrying people in their claws.

As I said in my last post, this is a known issue and will be fixed as soon as possible - the UI wipe/Cache folder deletion is for the issue with open hands. :)
Forum Avatar
Customer Service
#14 - April 14, 2011, 3:46 p.m.
Blizzard Post
14/04/2011 16:41Posted by Darkxdina
Since people are speaking about mounts in this Topic ill at a other Bug it Involves the Stone drake's it seems they got a Hole in there front left leg , i have asked around if other people see this to and they said yes , i just wonder if blizzard already know about this error.

We are indeed aware of it and the hole should hopefully be fixed in the upcoming patch.