Cannot cancel subscription

#1 - April 12, 2011, 7:34 p.m.
Blizzard Post
Firstly I know there was a thread on this but keep getting internal server error when it tries to locate it.

Secondly I am dying to tell all the people who kept calling people stupid directly or with sarcasm that they found it why can't they....IT's not there!

I have 3 accounts, I have managed to cancel one of them, one! I know where it is. It should not be hard to find but it vanishes!!!

The one account I managed to cancel it took 6 tries before the cancel account link appeared. Now I cannot find it with my other 2 accounts.

Again I wish I could find the thread so I could quote so many people who think that being rude passes for being clever.

So Blizzard Why is the cancel subscription link not there? I know where it is. I have canceled before. I know where it is. It should be there. It is not. this account will need to be canceled by phone Which for me is not such a big deal But I find that having so many people tell you it is not there for them should make you find out why instead of telling them over and over where it is.

Stop saying where it is because as a person who knows where it is and have used it I can tell you it is NOT f'n there. Do not tell me it is. You need a picture of my monitor?

As to why I am canceling------- This time I am canceling because my account was hacked and I was threatened by blizzard if it happens again my account could be permanently banned! Why should I worry about losing all my hard work?

Why go after the victims? I have good security on my PC and there is no such thing as full proof. Even customer service told me blizzard was having issues with hackers. If they are Why threaten me if I am? That is the dumbest policy I have ever encountered.
Forum Avatar
Support Forum Agent
#9 - April 12, 2011, 7:52 p.m.
Blizzard Post
04/12/2011 12:34 PMPosted by Custardpie
As to why I am canceling------- This time I am canceling because my account was hacked and I was threatened by blizzard if it happens again my account could be permanently banned! Why should I worry about losing all my hard work?

I took a look at the correspondence between you and several representatives, Custardpie. No where did it flat out say we would permanently ban the account if you were hacked again. An email did state "that if unauthorized access to this account continues after the recovery process is complete, it may lead to further action against the account."

Keep in mind, security of the account is at the discretion of the account holder. We cannot control what websites you visit or what addon's you download, if any. I would highly recommend an authenticator, which will add another layer of security to the account.

As for the cancellation issue -- I will gladly take a look at the other 2 accounts you would like to cancel, however, in order for me to do so, I will need a character name and realm on each of the accounts please.

Forum Avatar
Support Forum Agent
#23 - April 12, 2011, 8:28 p.m.
Blizzard Post
Ok let's try this again, Custardpie.

No, I was not going to cancel any account for you. The reason why I asked for the information is to possibly shed light as to why the cancellation link is not appearing for you on the other 2 accounts. If you do not want to provide those details, that is completely up to you.

I did take a look at the other account that is linked to your Battle.net account, and I notice this account went through an account action recently. When accounts are locked or banned the payment method is automatically removed from the account to avoid any future charges to occur. Since the payment method has been removed, the cancellation option will not appear.

Perhaps this may answer your question.
Forum Avatar
Support Forum Agent
#37 - April 12, 2011, 9:53 p.m.
Blizzard Post
I believe it is time to lock this thread as all information has been given.