Specs of an old computer

#1 - April 8, 2011, 12:55 p.m.
Blizzard Post
Hey everyone, don't usually use these forums but I need some help regarding the specs for my computer

Well my dad passed down an old computer to me but he bought it in 2003 so it's not great but runs fine

The stats are
AMD Athlon 64 Proccesor 3200+
2.01 GHz, 448MB of Ram

Just wondering if I would be able to add this graphics card to the computer and run WoW at a decent FPS or if there's anything else I'll need to get. Thanks.

http://www.amazon.co.uk/Sapphire-11166-02-20R-5450-DDR3-Graphics/dp/B0036DD4CO/ref=cm_cr_pr_product_top
Forum Avatar
Customer Service
#3 - April 8, 2011, 1:41 p.m.
Blizzard Post
Hi,

Depends what graphic card you have already, I'd probably look to installing more RAM in that system if you really want to use it, 512mb isn't much and will leave the game and Windows using HDD space.
Forum Avatar
Customer Service
#11 - April 9, 2011, 8:13 a.m.
Blizzard Post
My personal opinion would be to go ahead and get a new system if at all possible, but as others have said there's a fair bit of research to be done, Does your Mainboard have the right slots for the card you want, can your PSU handle its demands?

512 of RAM really isn't that much that would probably need to be supplemented or replaced, and again you need to check the mainboard compatibility with it.