The storyline is getting a little ridiculous

#0 - Aug. 30, 2006, 6:41 p.m.
Blizzard Post
Anyone else agree with me? I am trying to figure out really how the expansion fits with the storyline. In fact I am totally lost when it comes to the storyline in general.

In one sense you have a completely normal and human alliance, with midevil ties.. But wait there are mages who do magic, and druids (tree people) who heal, and use nature.. .I mean, I don't know this whole game seems a bit ridiculous when you think about it. I understand that the game is that simply a game and does not represent real life.. Although what is the point of having a human race if you want to make the world PURE fantasy?

We have mounts ranging from horses to summoned steeds that have fire around them... lol.

In fact the entire storline seems utterly confusing. Although, I must say I do enjoy playing the game.

P.S: I hope blizzard finally implements some kind of dynamic content. The world is so static.
#17 - Aug. 30, 2006, 7:04 p.m.
Blizzard Post
I have no idea what 'pure' fantasy storylines/books/movies you've been encountering in your life, but I can't recall any that didn't have some sort of human interaction in it. Humans are what we are and by adding humans to a storyline it generally gives people a basis of relatability. In other words, people are able to picture themself in the position of the hero or heroine or villain for that matter if they are human or have human traits.

As far as World of Warcraft lore, it is a living breathing creature and will continue to evolve and perhaps become more complex as we learn more about it. It's an expectation most people have since if a story doesn't grow, it just becomes stale and people lose interest.