PCT - Full Realm Exceptions

#0 - Sept. 14, 2006, 7:57 a.m.
Blizzard Post
Any news on this subject?
A while ago was said, that you guys were gonna look into this subject.
When people have already one or more active chars on a full server they can transfer a long lost character from another server to that realm?
Still waiting to transfer a character from Talvinarr to Aszune.
I've a couple of 60's on the full destination realm and would like to add another 60 to them.
Cheers
#4 - Sept. 14, 2006, 12:52 p.m.
Blizzard Post
Q u o t e:
Thundgot, any news on this matter?

Nope.

Also, I believe we never said "we will consider removing any and all restrictions". They might become more lenient, but don't expect to be able to e.g. move to Grim Batol anytime soon.
#6 - Sept. 14, 2006, 1:28 p.m.
Blizzard Post
This did not come out of nowhere for us at all. Sorry if it seemed that way. I answered as short as "nope" because if the answer wasn't "no" we would already have posted the update. ;)

It was very deliberate to restrict the PCT in this way, and it definitely has its benefits though of course it also has some downsides. We have to consider the whole community, not just those who wish for this restriction to go away. Players on a realm that has 200 in queue won't necessarily agree with you that you and your guild should be allowed to move there.

I have in fact answered the question about why we don't close character creation. I can repeat it though. We do not close character creation as we do not wish to stop new players from joining their friends. We give this more weight than existing players joining up with each other, hence open character creation but closed migration.

(And no, I don't expect people to remember that answer two weeks from now, when I will again be told we have never even addressed this matter. :p)

I can confirm that the intention is to up the cap in relation to the release of the expansion. I can in no way confirm that this will allow you to migrate to any specific realm.

Edit: typos
#12 - Sept. 14, 2006, 1:56 p.m.
Blizzard Post
Q u o t e:
You're still avoiding the point of allowing playerw tih a lvl 60 char already on the "full" destination server, being allowed to hav back their long lost 60 chars on other servers they no longer play. This would NOT increase the population of these reams, in 9/10 cases.

Another point we have said several times that we're taking into consideration when looking at the restrictions of the PCT service.

On that topic, it's a matter of defining good rules, or seeing whether it can be addressed in another matter. As an example (yes, just an example, that's all), programming such an exception would be a waste o time if we find out we'll remove any and all other restrictions anyway.
#13 - Sept. 14, 2006, 2:01 p.m.
Blizzard Post
And just to have that said right away, it is in no way certain that we will modify any of the rules at any time. We're open to suggestions and like to comment on your thoughts on this, but that is in no way a promise that the rules will change. If they do, we will of course let you know.
#20 - Sept. 14, 2006, 3:01 p.m.
Blizzard Post
Q u o t e:
Finally. Thank you Thundgot. Thats the sort of reply I expected for some time now. Why is it so hard to get you guys talking anyway?

Let me illustrate by using your own post. The below is just picking some points for this particular purpose.

Q u o t e:
From day one we have made absolutely clear that all we want is to unite several high level chars.

"We" meaning who? Since you're saying that's "all" the "we" want, you can't be speaking for everybody, because...
Q u o t e:
Competely getting rid of all restrictions was never asked for ...

...I've seen requests for this. They also said "we" about who wanted it.

Q u o t e:
all I ever read was about people wanting to unite characters or something like that.

Meanwhile, we (Blizzard) have read other request, and have to take those into account too.

Q u o t e:
We have already presented possible solutions ... having a 60 character on the destination realm would be the answer.

No. It's a possibility, a suggestion, not "the answer". I've read other versions of "the answer", and those were not identical to yours.

Q u o t e:
Whole guilds won't be moving (apparently your biggest concern)

No, it's not our biggest concern. It was a phrase to illustrate that a big group of people could move, which those on the destination realm would not be happy about.

Q u o t e:
Well sorry ... it maybe was bad wording on my part. I know of course you have answered that. But in my opionion not satisfactory. Its still illogical tho :).

So "I don't like the answer" = "you haven't answered"? :p

Equally, we often see "Blizzard doesn't agree with me" = "Blizzard doesn't care". ;)

Q u o t e:
All I can say is that this situation is not acceptable.

...to you. To those who don't want more people on their realms, it's actually quite good.

Q u o t e:
for PvE Servers PCT is useless

...yet people use it.

Q u o t e:
you are angering people deliberatly

Uhm... no. That's a pretty insulting accusation.

Q u o t e:
So please give this some priority and fix it ...

There's nothing to "fix". It's not broken. It's just not how you would like it.

That was just a quick illustration, and yes, I'm being picky on purpose. :)

On the actual topic of the thread, I have already stated what I can state. I'll leave it to you to continue the discussion. :)