15/09 – 1.12.1 Mount changes

#0 - Sept. 15, 2006, 10:39 a.m.
Blizzard Post
There will be effectively two riding skill levels, apprentice and journeyman. The cost for the riding skill will be significantly higher than it previously was, however this is offset by a drastically lower cost for the actual mount.

For current players with mounts there will be a seamless transition to the new system. You will continue to have your mount; you will continue to be able to use it, etc. What this change does for players who don't yet have a mount or an epic mount is take the emphasis off of the mount itself, and put it on the riding skill. This helps give players access to more variety without requiring a large monetary investment if they, for instance, just want to pick a different coloured horse.

This change was implemented after the latest revision of the patch notes was made available for inclusion into the 1.12.1 patch binary. It will be documented in a future revision however.
#1 - Sept. 15, 2006, 10:45 a.m.
Blizzard Post
Sounds good!
#371 - Sept. 29, 2006, 7:56 p.m.
Blizzard Post
This thread was for sharing the information Aeus posted in the first post. It is not a place to seek support concerning mounts. That should be done in-game.

I hope it gets sorted out for you though. It's just not something we can help you with through the forums.
#375 - Sept. 29, 2006, 9:12 p.m.
Blizzard Post
I should have been more specific, clearly. Please do feel free to continue discussing the mount changes. My comment was about the posts concerning escalated tickets.

As for un-sticking the thread, this was simply because the thread is two weeks old. Such is the fate of most sticky threads - two weeks actually being a long time for such a post to stay sticky. That peple continue to keep the topic alive is ok, as long as it's not by pure bumping. Also, feel free to start a new thread if you feel this one is too long and untidy by now (or becomes so later).