GM Stealing

#1 - April 5, 2011, 7:13 p.m.
Blizzard Post
For obvious reasons, I'm on an alt in a different guild, but I am an officer in a fairly prominent guild on our server.

The GM who built a solid foundation for our guild quit the game and left it to one of his officers. Our new GM has become increasingly greedy and has been downright stealing from guild members. Now, I believe he is trying to destroy our raid and guild so it will give him a reason to quit and steal the 100k + g in the bank and all the boe epics/crystals. I was wondering if there was any kind of protection from this.

To make this more clear, here's some things he has done:

1. He stated when we started raiding in Cata that he will be selling all BOE epics that we don't need and buying things for the guild. However, we have seen him sell a few of the epics, and he never deposited the gold in the gbank. However, he would always show up with brand new enchants that cost ~10kg each, despite the fact that he always claimed he had no gold.

2. He has actually WITHDRAWN gold from the bank to buy himself BOE epics, some of which he doesnt even use anymore. He has also stolen BOE epics for his alts.

3. He stated that he will have a guild store which we can purchase BOEs from raids and Maelstrom's, but he has often claimed that we're out while he has secretly told me and other officers when we asked that we have nearly 40. He has put all BOE epics and shard in his private tab, even though we have a public 'Guild Store' tab.

4. We did an alt run with 4 total guildies and 6 pugs and decided that all boe epics were the guilds.... AFTER one dropped. He never explained the loot rules about BOEs to anyone.

5. He has asked for a weekly gold donation to help the guild in raids...However, we are still responsible for bringing flasks to the raid. However, he asks that we not deposit into the gbank because it's too hard to look at. We have to mail it to him directly. Also, there is no obvious visible place where that gold is going ... it's in his pocket.

He's a greedy GM and is only looking out for his pockets. I was hoping there was some way to remove him as GM as it is what most people want. He is destroying our guild day by day and stealing gold, and many of us love this guild and don't want to leave. If we leave, we lose everything we put into the guild - the achievements, the rep, the gold, the hours spent leveling it. Can we be helped or are we doomed to gquit and reroll and lose it all?
Forum Avatar
Support Forum Agent
#31 - April 5, 2011, 11:03 p.m.
Blizzard Post
04/05/2011 12:13 PMPosted by Didykong
Can we be helped or are we doomed to gquit and reroll and lose it all?

We understand that you are in a difficult position with the guild maser, Didykong, however there is currently no way to vote out a guild master.

If the guild master does appear to go inactive for more than 30 days, you may feel free to petition in and ask to get the guild leadership handed over to a qualifying officer.

http://us.blizzard.com/support/article/20061

For now, if you believe that the guild master is maliciously taking items and/or gold from the guild bank, you may wish to report it as a scam.

Scam Policy
http://us.blizzard.com/support/article/20459

A minor correction.
04/05/2011 01:07 PMPosted by Sylaurel
Items and Gold in the guild bank are not the Guild Master nor does it belong to any specific person. It belongs to the guild as a whole.
As it stands, the items and gold within a guild belong to the guild master. This is not to say that a guild master is able to freely take everything and leave. We understand that other members contributed to the guild and in cases of theft or scam, our game masters will investigate these as such and take appropriate actions when necessary.