How will Atiesh scale in TBC?

#0 - Oct. 1, 2006, 7:48 p.m.
Blizzard Post
A lot of guilds are just starting to kill bosses in Naxx. Im willing to bet that they will be having problems handing out the splinters because in 2 months or so the expansion is coming out and within a few weeks all level 60 gear will become obsolete as people get to level 70.

How will Atiesh scale when people start reaching level 70? Will it still be considered of legendary quality at level 70? To me it seems that unless it it is somehow upgraded to at least be better than the epic level 70 weapons, that it is just a waste of time to try and get it. Once TBC comes out most guilds will likely drop Naxx in favor of higher level instances and thus the staff will never get complete.

I understand that it is a legendary that is meant for a level 60 player, but the 40 pieces, the head, and the base that you need to complete the item is no easy feat to accomplish, especially for guilds just starting Naxx.

So my question is, how will Atiesh look like at level 70 compared to other more easily obtainable gear?
#4 - Oct. 1, 2006, 8:11 p.m.
Blizzard Post
Q u o t e:
nothing stays uber forever.

That would make an awesome country song.

True though, it should last any one quite a while, at least until getting into comparable dungeons in the expansion difficulty-wise.
#16 - Oct. 1, 2006, 8:23 p.m.
Blizzard Post
Q u o t e:
Drysc --

What about the fact that Atiesh's head drops from Kel'Thuzad? Soon enough I'll have the frame and base completed. We're still on Loatheb, though, and if the expansion is being released on the dates that I'm hearing it will be released on, I doubt if my guild will have downed KT before then -- at which point my guild, like most others, will probably stop running Naxx altogether as everyone makes the first rush to hit level 70. And at level 70, what point will there be in going to Naxx when there are higher-level dungeons? It seems as though an extremely few number of people will ever get the head, not to mention just killing the 4H.

Well that's really a decision you and your guild will have to make, but I suspect as you level you may go back and attempt the dungeon again and see a noticeable decrease in difficulty. There's still a lot of good gear there, Atiesh or not, and I think it would be somewhat foolish to completely ignore it once the expansion comes out. If you want to focus completely on expansion content then you're definitely going to have a great time, but going back and attempting Naxxramas a few more times is likely going to be worth your while.
#41 - Oct. 2, 2006, 2:56 a.m.
Blizzard Post
Q u o t e:

i agree with ya drisz but think his point is that ...basically whats the point of even doing it now..? its not like you can just up and go one day and pull your entire guild to naxx to get that last piece to get a "equal to lvl70 loot staff" that took ages to put together?

also i have a question ...whats the ability to port to karazan in the staff for? to get into a latter part of it? would that abiity be required to do the isntance? thanx

Well if you weigh the pros and cons and it's no longer worth your time and effort to attempt to obtain the item then you probably won't. It's not expected that every item will continue to be useful or wanted as you progress, and it's usually designed that they won't be.

The port to Karazhan is mostly just a cool addition to the staff, to give it something interesting you can't get anywhere else. You can probably expect some future legendaries to have similar types of non-stat/attack uses.
#61 - Oct. 2, 2006, 5:55 a.m.
Blizzard Post
Q u o t e:
Back in the early days,
back when I was a lad,
that staff from the Deadmines;
it was all the fad.

I thought it was neat,
the gear was a treat;
but nothing stays uber forever.

And so it came to pass,
when I was in my middle age,
that staff from Mauradon;
it was all the rage.

I thought it was neat,
the gear was a treat;

And so I got older,
the loot it got bolder,
Benediction, I told her,
Nothing less would do for me.

I thought it was neat,
the gear was a treat;

And now there's this thing,
Atiesh it is named,
I'll never see it,
but for caster's it's famed.

We thought it was neat,
the gear a real treat;

Back in the days when I was young, I'm not a nub anymore
But some days I sit and wish I was 50 again

and everybody say
I remember pre-Naxx days
and everybody say
I remember pre-Naxx days

What?
back in the day
When?
back in the day
#67 - Oct. 2, 2006, 8:04 p.m.
Blizzard Post
Q u o t e:

*Grins*

I did the best I could... I'm an Aussie, we don't have as much Country music as the USA :)

Oh, mine was rap.