World of Warcraft is a great game

#0 - Oct. 5, 2006, 8:55 p.m.
Blizzard Post
Hi there,

To me, World of Warcraft is a great game.

For one, graphics are fantastic and it runs perfectly on my computer. The world of Azeroth is ever-changing, and from month to month I can quite radically change my game experience by trying raids, small group content, PvP, or reputation work. The gameplay is accessible enough so a casual like myself can spend an hour here and there and not feel overwhelmed by the time constraints and group composition restrictions.

I also like the humor designers put in the game, and the funny references to real life classics. I appreciate the work CMs do to keep all the conversation centralized on the same Website, while trying to moderate the spit of anger some may have after an announcement. With a community of this size, it's not a piece of cake, and I wouldn't want to be in their shoes.

Obviously, WoW beeing so famous, it lures all types of gamers. That makes for a "diverse" community if you see what I mean... That would be the only black spot on a stainless record.

All in all, thanks Blizzard for this great game. The sales should be enough to let you know this game is a success, but I wanted to add my grain of salt in a forum usually full of complaints from players who, strangely enough, are still actively playing after 2 years, despite all the "game-breaking issues" they want to find. I know this isn't a whine post, and therefore will fall to the bottom of this board faster than a mammoth from a cliff, but at least I'll have my message conveyed.

Great game, amazing work behind the wheels. Remember that the less vocal majority loves you.
#2 - Oct. 5, 2006, 9:02 a.m.
Blizzard Post
Thank you :)

And I agree, I have played since the release and am still not bored. Grinding is not really my thing and I don't have many phat epixx on my mains, but I love trying new classes and test different play styles and see new places in the game.

And I love the social part as well, so many nice people out there :)