Blood Elf Paladins

#0 - Oct. 13, 2006, 10:30 a.m.
Blizzard Post
I currently have a Paladin which is almost leel 60, tbh I stopped plying him as i really didn't like the lagg and constant annoyances in places like IF, I was wondering if Blizzard would allow current paladins to convert to be Blood Elves in the release of TBC.

If they also allowed Shamans to convert to Drenai this could work quite well and would help to instantly restore class balance amongst the 2 factions.

Anyways, here's hoping, anyone that thinks this ios a good idea please sign this post
#7 - Oct. 17, 2006, 3:36 p.m.
Blizzard Post
It is not possible to "convert" races, and I very much doubt it will be possible in the future. A big thing with playing a class is to play it from the beginning and learn all the different abilities along the way. It will be a new experience for you to level up a blood elf paladin (if you choose not to stick with your alliance one). I can assure you that the draenei and blood elf starting areas (up to level 20) are both very nicely designed and a pleasure to explore.

If you are too lazy to start a new character but still wants to play an endgame paladin I would recommend to continue playing your human character...

Also don't use /sign, the forums are made for discussions, not petitions.
#11 - Oct. 17, 2006, 5:16 p.m.
Blizzard Post
Q u o t e:
I mean who in their right mind would prefer a newly fresh 60-70 BE paladin when they can get an already buffed up with current max gear? Same can be said about shamans. Why get a new Draeni shaman when i can get that ex-orc shaman with T3 gear?

Because this is a MMORPG... You create a character and develop it. No shortcuts to phat T3 gear :p
Q u o t e:

Complete agreement. I would rather my paladin stripped of all his gear than become an arrogant, evil blood elf. Why roll a paladin if you want to be a horde? FFS, stop being lazy. Most ridiculous idea ever!

I so look forward to playing with my blood elf... I almost wish I was on a RP server... Endless opportunities! Oh, and the blood elf palas are addicted to magic like the rest of the blood elfs - so you see children that drugs are bad... ;D
#54 - Jan. 27, 2010, 9:49 a.m.
Blizzard Post
Q u o t e:
Heh look what i found :P... That paladin was up to something.
But sadly a Blueposter can be so wrong :P
Necrobumping is baad, mmkay. You will notice that Ommra never promised it would not be possible, however just felt it was very unlikely. Things do change, however, one thing that hasn't changed is the necrobumping rule so please avoid that in future! Ta very much.