Bag Space? The Druid Dilemna!

#0 - Oct. 19, 2006, 6:23 a.m.
Blizzard Post
Does anyone else but me *have* to carry 2-3 bags of gear with them... just in case? XD

I carry a Feral Set for dps...
I carry a Hybrid Set for PvP...
I carry a Healing Set...
I carry a Spell Damage Set for the occasional ZOMGITSVULNERABLE mob...
I carry FR...

Aside from that, I also carry a bag full of trinkets, potions, reagents.

I have 2 18 slot bags and 2 16 slots - 2 16 slots are full of gear, and part of an 18 slot is filled with some gear and trinkets/potions. Part of my other 18 slot carries Reagents and misc. stuff.

If I'm lucky I have like 12-18 slots left... =/ It sucks.

What I'm jealous of is that:
-I've talked to my Rogue counterparts(I'm feral), and they say they usually only wear their set, and carry their certain resistance set in a bag depending on the instance/situation. They have a lot of bag space.
-The Mages carry food and water, and a few pieces of FR. Moderate amounts of bag space.
-Warlocks only need one set, maybe FR; but soulshards take up a whole bag. They still have a lotof bag space left since soulshards are the only thing they basically need.

*Note: Don't take this into a serious account, I have a Warlock too and I now how it feels to carry around 2 bags of shards and as a mage who carries like a hundred stacks of water. I'm just saying that you don't use *as much* space as hybrid classes and I want your bag space. Thank you - this is to keep people from going off-topic and telling me off that I misunderstand their class...*

I also feel sorry for the warriors that carry many sets of armor too, the paladins and priests as well and maybe the shamen. Basically, any class that plays more than one role is forced to carry more gear. It's really inconvenient that we have to carry so much gear around since we can do so many things; but only one at a time. We can DPS, but we can't heal with 3-4k mana and no +healing. We can heal, but what can we do with +500 healing and 9k mana? o.O

Solution?:
Maybe Blizzard should implement some kind of "gear holder"; a bag especially for gear. I see lots of bag space in the future for stuff like farming for loot or mats. There's no way someone can take advantage of this since it can only hold gear - how does carrying around more gear cause harm? It makes it more convenient and makes everyone more versatile; they won't have to hearth or fly back to a bank(only in neutral/capitals >.<) to get the gear they need. That would put a raid or group at disadvantage; they'd be missing a raid member, or the group would have to wait for their return.

That is... unless Blizzard meant for us to have such a problem as this.
#24 - Oct. 21, 2006, 4:14 a.m.
Blizzard Post
Q u o t e:

I wouldn't say that, exactly, but there may be some truth to it.

Yes, bag space should force a player to make decisions on what they carry with them in the field. Having multiple armor sets is a decision by the player to be adequately prepared (stat-wise) for a variety of situations. OBviously, these two choices work against each other.

Increased bag space at least provides something towards this, but obviously won't sweep the issue away.

I can't really say what the full spread of itemization is for druids in the expansion, so it would be hard to say definitively whether more sets are going to be available or whether socketing or more comprehensive hybrid gear can reduce the number of sets needed, but the versatility of gear may help.

Another point is, are you going to be using that FR set much in the future? Resistance gear isn't going to be highly stressed in future dungeons, to my knowledge, so this can be seen as something to decrease the quantity of armor one is carrying.

Bottom line, though, you could argue all day whether 5 sets of armor are necessary or not. Players who are going to min/max every situation are going to find that there is likely never going to be one catch-all armor set for every possible situation.

Having seperate 'gear bags' has been brought up before, but I don't believe there will be anything like that in the near future. It can, of course, be kept in mind.
#25 - Oct. 21, 2006, 4:24 a.m.
Blizzard Post
Q u o t e:

I wouldn't say that, exactly, but there may be some truth to it.

Yes, bag space should force a player to make decisions on what they carry with them in the field. Having multiple armor sets is a decision by the player to be adequately prepared (stat-wise) for a variety of situations. OBviously, these two choices work against each other.

Increased bag space at least provides something towards this, but obviously won't sweep the issue away.

I can't really say what the full spread of itemization is for druids in the expansion, so it would be hard to say definitively whether more sets are going to be available or whether socketing or more comprehensive hybrid gear can reduce the number of sets needed, but the versatility of gear may help.

Another point is, are you going to be using that FR set much in the future? Resistance gear isn't going to be highly stressed in future dungeons, to my knowledge, so this can be seen as something to decrease the quantity of armor one is carrying.

Bottom line, though, you could argue all day whether 5 sets of armor are necessary or not. Players who are going to min/max every situation are going to find that there is likely never going to be one catch-all armor set for every possible situation.

Having seperate 'gear bags' has been brought up before, but I don't believe there will be anything like that in the near future. It can, of course, be kept in mind.