Is Blizzard Removing Twinks In TBC??!!

#0 - Oct. 26, 2006, 2:50 p.m.
Blizzard Post
I have heard rumours recently about removing twinks from WoW. I was curious and am eager to know if this statement is true. That people like me, who have spent time on farming money and recieving loot which is the best for our class at our level and enchanting those pieces of armour, spending several hundred's of gold. I myself have spent around 400g-500g on my level 19 rogue to make him ultimate. And now all this dedication to one of my characters is about to go to waste, becuase some people cant handle being beaten. Both factions have twinks meaning both sides have an equal chance of joining other characters which happen to be twinks in a BG. The point of the game is not to stay at level 19 or 29 for the rest of you characters life in level 10-19 BG or 20-29 BG to pvp, but people like me who already have two level 60's or some who have one level 60 find it more fun pvping at this level becuase the joy at level 60 is somewhat fading for us. So i dont see why you people want to ruin our lives as twinks.
#12 - Oct. 26, 2006, 3:19 p.m.
Blizzard Post
Q u o t e:
I have heard rumours recently about removing twinks from WoW. I was curious and am eager to know if this statement is true. That people like me, who have spent time on farming money and recieving loot which is the best for our class at our level and enchanting those pieces of armour, spending several hundred's of gold. I myself have spent around 400g-500g on my level 19 rogue to make him ultimate. And now all this dedication to one of my characters is about to go to waste, becuase some people cant handle being beaten. Both factions have twinks meaning both sides have an equal chance of joining other characters which happen to be twinks in a BG. The point of the game is not to stay at level 19 or 29 for the rest of you characters life in level 10-19 BG or 20-29 BG to pvp, but people like me who already have two level 60's or some who have one level 60 find it more fun pvping at this level becuase the joy at level 60 is somewhat fading for us. So i dont see why you people want to ruin our lives as twinks.

We will not be removing twinks from the game, but we will introduce a matching system to pair up players more fairly in the battlegrounds. This means that twinks will be more likely to meet other equally geared twinks as opponents in the battlegrounds, whereas more regular geared players will be more likely to meet opponents geared similarly to themselves.