Can I play on US servers from Germany?

#0 - Oct. 29, 2006, 8:32 p.m.
Blizzard Post
Basically my question is like written on the title. I have been playing WoW since the open beta but now as I am living in Germany and no longer the US, I am having issues with logging onto my account. I am running a German copy of WoW and am obviously running it on a German internet connection. I can read German rather well but I downloaded the english language pack and installed it, downloaded all of the english patches, and tried again to log in. So the final question is, is there just no way i can play on US servers on a German copy of WoW?
#17 - Oct. 30, 2006, 4:57 p.m.
Blizzard Post
You would need the US version of the game and a US billing address in order to play on US realms.
#22 - Oct. 30, 2006, 5:04 p.m.
Blizzard Post
Q u o t e:

What about the Aussies and New Zealanders or the Canadians? =P

We like them a lot?

They fall into the 'US' category in this case. (Which I mean with all due respect.) :)
#33 - Oct. 30, 2006, 5:19 p.m.
Blizzard Post
Q u o t e:
Candle, can you say if people who are stationed in europe (or outside of the US for that matter)
will be able to download the client for BC, provided they have someone buy them a CDkey back home?

They shouldn't have a problem provided they match up the US version of WoW with the US version of BC.