WoW Encyclopedia lacking

#0 - Nov. 9, 2006, 3:14 a.m.
Blizzard Post
Yeah you read it! :P I tink WoWWiki is much better than the official WoW Encyclopedia here. I have been reading the Encyclopedia for a while now and there isn't much to explore or information about every single details of the game unlike WoWWiki.

Sure the Encyclopedia is official but the information isn't as large as other websites and maybe I haven't looked much but I can't find a "search" option and if there was, could it find anything related to WoW?

I feel that WoWWiki has better and more information than the official site.

Anyone else thinks that the WoW Encyclopedia could use more information, details, locations and characters?
#3 - Nov. 9, 2006, 3:21 a.m.
Blizzard Post
Q u o t e:
Anyone else thinks that the WoW Encyclopedia could use more information, details, locations and characters?

We certainly do, and we have a long term plan to continually add new information to the Encyclopedia (http://www.worldofwarcraft.com/info/encyclopedia/index.xml). We're going to be continuing to add information we all already know, fleshing it out and making it a tome of Warcraft lore and info, as well as releasing new information through it that you're not going to be able to find anywhere else. Consider this the first version in a long line of updates.