Pvp to pve good idea?

#0 - Nov. 10, 2006, 4:52 a.m.
Blizzard Post
IT happens, my guild is falling apart and im thinking of going from a pvp server to a pve. I AM A VERY ACTIVE PVPER so i would like some answers from people who have done this

Got some questions i would like answered and i gues whoever else wants to say something

-I know some PVE servers had trouble getting battlegrounds started. This has not been a problem since cross realm bg's have been added. Will cross realm BG's be around forever? im hoping so

-Outlands will be pvp enabled on ALL servers right? Everyone is flagged right when they enter, and they can't turn it off no matter how much they want to right?

-It says on the transfers "cannot transfer from pve to pvp 'YET'" is there any idea as to when this opens? so i f i do regret my decision, i wont regret it forever?

need some answers and some insight to whoever has done this
#4 - Nov. 10, 2006, 5:15 a.m.
Blizzard Post
Q u o t e:
-I know some PVE servers had trouble getting battlegrounds started. This has not been a problem since cross realm bg's have been added. Will cross realm BG's be around forever? im hoping so

They're here to stay as far as we can foresee.

Q u o t e:
-Outlands will be pvp enabled on ALL servers right? Everyone is flagged right when they enter, and they can't turn it off no matter how much they want to right?

No, Outlands is the same as Azeroth concerning PvP flagging. The outdoor PvP objectives may increase some amount of PvP enabled players on a PvE realm, but it's not a zone-wide or continent-wide PvP free for all.

Q u o t e:
-It says on the transfers "cannot transfer from pve to pvp 'YET'" is there any idea as to when this opens? so i f i do regret my decision, i wont regret it forever?

That wording may need to be revised a bit, I'll go take a look at it. We don't currently have any plans to allow PvE to PvP transfers in the future. We can't give an absolute such as "never again", but it is something we're strongly opposed to doing currently.