Why was the OT forum removed?

#1 - March 26, 2011, 6:22 a.m.
Blizzard Post
just wondering...
Forum Avatar
Community Manager
#7 - March 26, 2011, 6:30 a.m.
Blizzard Post
We've been thinking about adding in a sort of 'geek' forum, it would be off-topic in that it wouldn't be about WoW, but it would only allow very specific topics you could discuss (movies, tv, books, comics, games, tech, science, etc.) and would be strictly moderated to only allow discussion on those topics.

I think it could be fun. It has some potential downsides if people don't use it correctly (a lot of work to moderate/people getting baninated) but maybe the pros outweigh the few cons. What do you think?

SIXEN JUST GOT SERVED
Forum Avatar
Community Manager
#12 - March 26, 2011, 6:32 a.m.
Blizzard Post
You're so mean Bashiok.

Why? I'm being serious.
Forum Avatar
Community Manager
#20 - March 26, 2011, 6:38 a.m.
Blizzard Post
03/25/2011 11:33 PMPosted by Sixen
If that's the case, then why not just have an OT forum to begin with and only moderate ToU violations? Would be less work on the Moderators and would mean people stop asking for it, ;). Essentially, people will still want an OT even with this mock-OT.

Because it's too open. By restricting to specific topics the idea is we can still let people discuss relevant topics, essentially entertainment (as this game is), and technology (as this game requires to run), nerdy stuff (etc. etc.), and not go so far that it becomes a haven for "I need girl advice" threads again.
Forum Avatar
Community Manager
#31 - March 26, 2011, 6:43 a.m.
Blizzard Post
Dear Bashiok,

My girlfriend recently rolled Alliance, I'm started to think she might actually be 12 (she stated she was 19). But I think I still love her. What do I do?

Dear Bashiok,

My girlfriend recently rolled Alliance, I'm started to think

03/25/2011 11:41 PMPosted by Zooney
My girlfriend recently rolled Alliance

03/25/2011 11:41 PMPosted by Zooney
rolled Alliance

Dump her.
Forum Avatar
Community Manager
#47 - March 26, 2011, 6:49 a.m.
Blizzard Post
03/25/2011 11:48 PMPosted by Killada
Dump her.

You so did not go there...

Oh no you di'int!

I pretty much only play alliance, actually. :)

Horde are super icky.