Have Blizzard's Cm's lost the plot ?

#0 - Nov. 13, 2006, 4:39 p.m.
Blizzard Post
From someone who has been reading the forums since the beggining I have notices alot of changes with the "comunity managers". When wow first came out, they would reply to the occasional post with a firm diplomatic answer which and locked the occasional post etc. etc. , then I guess their bosses told them to be more friendly with the posters. This was ok a few jokes went round, we all laughed, it was a good time. Now recently I have noticed a few comments from them to be, well damn right rude and ignorant. Here are a couple of examples which I have seen.

Regarding the Blood elf issue.

http://forums.wow-europe.com/thread.html?topicId=75907595&sid=1&pageNo=1

The OP has spent a bit of time coming up with the most constructive and factual post regarding this issue which I and Im sure many people agree on and this was Aeus's response:

Q u o t e:
You have GOT to be kidding me. Threads upon threads upon, say it with me... threads on this. We listen to player feedback and we get THIS?

*SIgh*

Now that to me is a disgusting and insulting response coming from someone is supposed to be there for us.

Another post

http://forums.wow-europe.com/thread.html?topicId=80839976&sid=1

The OP expressing is concern regarding the notable increase in high end guild and high end players stopping playing after seeing the superior loot which would come out for TBC, this was not a whine post or blaming anyone at all and I too have seen this and even though I am not one of these players I could easily see why they would stop playing and and not only because of epics.

Aeus's response:

Q u o t e:
This looks like another one of those posts where players blame Blizzard for things other players are a cause of..

I fully understand that dealing with the puplic is a complete nightmare, I have worked in customer service for 10+ years now and can fully understand your frustration, but what you must understand we are not all stupid little kids with nothing to say and occasionaly we do have relevant information or questions. So please be a little more undestanding when replying and maybe actually read each post with a fresh mind rather than blurting out offensive comments without thinking.
#17 - Nov. 14, 2006, 9:40 a.m.
Blizzard Post
No, we haven't. I see a rather one sided argument here. Conveniently forgot to look for and mention our "good posts"?
#22 - Nov. 14, 2006, 9:59 a.m.
Blizzard Post
Q u o t e:
Of course it was blizzards fault. Many stopped doing end game raids because the leap in item power between this version of the game and the expansion is large. If they had not bumped item power that much then the current problem of raiders starting to slack would probably not have occured. On the other hand this change was something blizzard really had to do. They made a mistake by lagging the non raiders and more casual players so far behind in item power that the only solution was to reset the balance and hopefully not make that same mistake again in the expansion.

In the end this is just an opinion among many others, but I know I am right (:

Definitely nothing wrong with that opinion, let's get that straight. There will also be many others, obviously, with so many players :)
I think it's incredibly hard to balance a big MMO like this turned out to be and I think we have done some incredible things with this game. I know for a fact that everyone at Blizzard has one interest in mind and that is the community, our players, making the game worthwhile. It may not always seem this way, hell, everyone is only human and can simply try and do their best to handle each individual situation as best they can.
Of course there is a error margin, where would you not get this? Some things could be better, but then again, a LOT of things are great!
#27 - Nov. 14, 2006, 10:29 a.m.
Blizzard Post
Q u o t e:

Well at least you admit that they were bad posts..

I believe that this is a turning point and were all nervous about the upcoming changes, you must remember that there is a huge variety of people that play this game, 12 year old kids that play CS, to the older generation that used to play bubble bobble and wizball on their c64's, all im saying is that you need to be more considerate to the people reading these posts.

I can understand that it may get frustrating and also that you make alot of good posts but my point of this wasnt to highlight the good posts

. I hope that you take these thoughts and use them wisely rather that ignore it and possibly make even more people quit the game.

Fair enough. One stipulation: I WILL still flame the person to start the Xth "are we getting a new realm" post ;)
#77 - Nov. 14, 2006, 3:41 p.m.
Blizzard Post
In the end it comes down to the fact that I like to use sarcasm and humour to get some points across.
It would seem that some players appreciate this and some don't. So I'll be trying to tone it down a little, see how it goes :)
#81 - Nov. 14, 2006, 3:48 p.m.
Blizzard Post
Q u o t e:

Seriously, are you having a game or something who has the most good and bad posts? You are a cm, you can have a bad day, but you represent a big gaming company, and should not come up with such answers, if you can't hold the pressure, seek another job.

Please read the whole thread, specifically numbers 77 and 78.
#85 - Nov. 14, 2006, 3:54 p.m.
Blizzard Post
Q u o t e:
Unless ofcourse they completely deserve it !

And I'll remind you of that ;)