Servers down, whats up?

#0 - Nov. 29, 2006, 1 p.m.
Blizzard Post
Okay, i usually am fairly giving when it comes to technical issues causign server problems but...

whats the deal with the 15ish servers that are down right now? with no post in the realm status forums? I dont like shadey "Fix it and hope no one notices" deals... do you not wanna fill up the Realm status forum:
http://forums.worldofwarcraft.com/board.html?forumId=11113&sid=1
With all the times the servers are down/reset per week, for fear of people looking to buy the game seeing this?

Just wanna know why the 2 servers i have characters i care about on are offline :-P and have been for a while (or at least been having issues w/the connection with them)
#15 - Nov. 29, 2006, 1:41 p.m.
Blizzard Post
The matter should be posted on the breaking news window. We're having a database issue which is affecting realms related to it. I'm going to tack something onto realm status in just a moment.
#18 - Nov. 29, 2006, 1:42 p.m.
Blizzard Post
Q u o t e:
Hope this helps:

http://forums.worldofwarcraft.com/thread.html?topicId=51005707&sid=1

Ah, beat me to it...
#22 - Nov. 29, 2006, 1:43 p.m.
Blizzard Post
Q u o t e:
http://forums.worldofwarcraft.com/thread.html?topicId=51005707&sid=1

G'Morning Tseric, darling.

Top 'o the mornin' to you, my dear. ;)

Debating on whether to get coffee now or catch a little more sleep...
#26 - Nov. 29, 2006, 1:45 p.m.
Blizzard Post
Q u o t e:
Even 60 second data access errors cant stop this first.

Oh, that's too precious.
#48 - Nov. 29, 2006, 2:45 p.m.
Blizzard Post
Q u o t e:
I work for a company that makes NAS, and among other things, I do run clusters of servers located in the labs. I know what it takes. I also know that (even though they are internal) I don't treat my customers like so much mud on the bottom of my shoe. When I have an issue with the servers, I TELL my customers EXACTLY what's wrong, and give them an ETA with the explanation that "This time is based on best possible scenarios". If I then find it is going to take longer, I COMMUNICATE with my customers.

I don't simply say "They're down. Deal with it".

I provided an explanation of the issue on the Breaking News window. I also provided an ETA, which by my estimation, was dead on. Further information was posted on realm status, which are the regular channels for communicating down time.

I just figured I'd be nice enough to show up on general and give you folks a heads up. I can see you are quite appreciative of that.

The realms should be going live at this moment, which puts the resolution at 15 minutes before the ETA.

Enjoy the rest of your morning.

#50 - Nov. 29, 2006, 2:48 p.m.
Blizzard Post
Q u o t e:

/hug

How's the coffee?

Rather good for a convenience store. New pit stop on the way to work.

I'll tell ya, though...it's frightfully cold for Cali, this morning.
#53 - Nov. 29, 2006, 2:52 p.m.
Blizzard Post
Q u o t e:

That's amusing, because it's unusually warm for Ohio right now. It was 60 when I was driving in.

Ohio? Huh, learn something new every day. ;)

I suppose I had always figured you for a metropolitan kinda girl.