Dark Portal Event?

#0 - Dec. 6, 2006, 4:25 p.m.
Blizzard Post
Hi,

i know this has been a beaten and then flogged again subject,

but can anyone at blizzard confirm or deny that there will be some type of event that will happen concerning the dark portal,

ive heard so many answers of yes then no then yes then no, i have no idea what to believe,

i know on the blizzard BC website they have the story that Kazzak opened the portal again but is there going to be anything ingame explaining how both sides know of this and what there future plans will be?

so im just asking straight up to a CM whats going on?,
#19 - Dec. 29, 2006, 4:41 p.m.
Blizzard Post
Do you ask because you think you are prepared? Are you prepared?

You are not prepared!
#47 - Dec. 29, 2006, 5:40 p.m.
Blizzard Post
Q u o t e:

Neth, you really love that line, don't you? :P You crack me up.

Sometimes I crack myself up too but I'm thinking that it's probably not a good thing. At least that's what the voices in my head say....

Sorry guys, I'm not going to give any hints out of when or what to expect. The question was if there was going to be one and we've pretty much said we plan on doing something to commemorate the event. We just aren't letting you know what just as of yet. ;)
#53 - Dec. 29, 2006, 5:49 p.m.
Blizzard Post
Q u o t e:

Is there going to be an end-of-beta event? Like the one for the original WoW beta? With the Core hounds and Ragnaros in Orgrimmar?

Unknown at this point in time. It depends on time.
#58 - Dec. 29, 2006, 6:29 p.m.
Blizzard Post
Q u o t e:

Neth,

Posting this again about being prepared because my last couple times it didn't get answered. I'm not suggesting you guys ignored it, just that the post never got bumped and was lost into the void.

Is Blizzard prepared? Are servers going to crash come release, lag go off the scale, mobs be so heavily hunted they are camped?

What steps is Blizzard taking to ensure the "You are not prepared" line doesn't come back to slap them in the face?

We are working to do everything we can to make this release go as smoothly as possible. Does that mean there is a guarantee nothing can or will go wrong? No. We do deal with a man named Murphy quite often when it comes to technology especially.

As you know, we've done lots of hardware upgrades and extra maintenance in order to squeeze out every bit of performance we can and we've also started testing live maintenance in the hope that we can minimize even maintenance downtime.

Just like the first forays of gaming into the internet, we are broaching undiscovered country here and are doing everything we can to anticipate what could very well happen. No other MMO has supported this many players before and even with the hiccups we encounter, I give credit to the team for being right on top of things.