Post Patch Aggro problems?

#0 - Dec. 9, 2006, 6:58 p.m.
Blizzard Post
Last Wednesday, I went with my normal raid group into MC where i am the OT. I was very excited with my new build and devestate as an additional way to build threat. I was guessing that It'd be even easier to hold aggro. Well, it wasn't.

For example, on Giant mobs, i always tank the marked target. In the past, even though my raid never waited for sunders and attacked immediately, i could always hold aggro unless i got punted. The night after the patch i was losing aggro at times even after 5 sunders spammed and devastate spammed. My raid said it was because everyone is dealing more damage now and Blizz hasn't adjusted right after the larger than normal patch, but i was wondernig if you other warriors have had some trouble tanking post-patch. I just hope everything gets straightened out...
#1 - Dec. 9, 2006, 7:07 p.m.
Blizzard Post
Your raid group's point about increased damage could be somewhat true.

The talent trees for the classes are in part designed around the assumption of a raised level cap. Players don't even necessarily have to spec into 41 point talents to see increased gain from talent trees and combinations. Coupled with the fact that they are also designed with gear in mind (and this would hold especially true for warriors) you again have another factor which gives a different balance for classes.

Are you concerned with holding aggro against high damage or do you find rage generation influencing your keeping aggro?

To be sure, rage normalization is something the devs are going to be keeping an eye on in this period and certainly after the release of expansion. Rage mechanics in themselves are like a chained tiger. Should they get loose, they can easily kill. I know there has been a lot of fear and speculation over normalization, but it is something the devs don't want to make harsh, but they do want it to be a strong enough chain to hold the beast.
#41 - Dec. 9, 2006, 7:54 p.m.
Blizzard Post
Q u o t e:

Speaking of 41 talent points, is there any eta on when they are going to review Endless Rage and Rampage?

I don't have any word on that. I have mentioned the desire for this community to have it reviewed in the not-to-distant past.

However, with the patch schedule being what it is, future changes are likely to come post-release of expansion, when we can start issuing patch updates for stuff that is being revised now.
#57 - Dec. 9, 2006, 9:02 p.m.
Blizzard Post
Q u o t e:

There's plenty of discussion alrighty, it's just all regergitated, selfish, and angry. Three billion posts flooding the warrior forums about rage. Yeah, it's a problem. Does it deserve to be addressed in every thread whether or not the thread has anything to do with it? No.

And it's just wierd that there aren't more real tanks around these parts.

Then just provide your perspective. I'm reading and using this among other things for reference. Don't get hung up with others. Say what you like, provided it follows the Code of Conduct. ;)