Enchanting-Consumable items, Scrolls, etc

#0 - Dec. 19, 2006, 11:51 a.m.
Blizzard Post
I posted this in the suggestion forum, but there seems to be alot of whining about PvP there so I think maybe crafters might understand this a little better. I hope blizzard reads this forum lol

The addition of wizard oils to enchanting was a very nice boost, allowing them to put items up for sale on the AH.

Another Item that enchanters could possibly make is scrolls, the current scrolls in the game are only produced from drops or vendors, and most are not really that useful. I use them to buff my pet whenever I feel the need.

With enchanters creating scrolls, the path could be open to being able to create 1 time use scrolls of many other kinds besides buffing. Such as a 1 time use fireball varying in intensity with the lvl of the regents used, or a 1 time use resurrection scroll. There is endless possiblities for scroll making, and possibly more uses for exotic body parts. One idea I had was a scroll that required Evil Bat Eye, perhaps a illusion dust and a rugged leather, you could then create a scroll with some kind of curse or a silence, w/e.

Of course these scrolls that do more then just buffing would be very powerful and would need a timer built in, just as potions do.

I have suggested this before and have had great feedback.

#7 - Dec. 20, 2006, 7:36 p.m.
Blizzard Post
Things like this have been considered before. We did want to see some penetration into the Auction House for Enchanters, just not a whole lot at this time.

One of the designer's distinctions for Enchanting is that it is the most social of the professions. It requires the presence of crafter and buyer, which encourages the social aspect more than other professions.

For this to remain true, the designers are careful in considering adding so many components for Auction House use that it becomes more 'automated' like other professions.