Maintenance on the 17th?

#0 - Jan. 9, 2007, 11:28 a.m.
Blizzard Post
Drysc on the US forum:

http://forums.worldofwarcraft.com/thread.html?topicId=62192488&postId=619881207&sid=1#3

Q u o t e:
We don't currently have any downtime/maintenance scheduled for Tuesday the 16th. We will likely be performing all necessary maintenance the day prior so that players can get in on launch day and enjoy the expansion. We are anticipating the possibility of rolling restarts on the 16th should they be necessary. If that's the case the time each realm will be affected should be minimal.

This is regarding the US servers, of course.

Now my question is, will the European servers have maintenance as usual on the 17th, the day after TBC release, or will we get the weekly maintenance earlier too?
#9 - Jan. 12, 2007, 1:10 p.m.
Blizzard Post
We're still not planning a maintenance ;)
#16 - Jan. 12, 2007, 2:14 p.m.
Blizzard Post
Q u o t e:
Any comment on the state of the webserver? The first things to go down when something big happens (even if it's "just" 1 or 2 servers crashing) are the main website and the account management / update pages with it.

And that's a relatively low number of people trying to reach it....what happens if literally everyone tries to upgrade their account? Do we have to wait 3 days again to actually upgrade the account? Like we had to wait 3 days when WoW was released?

We've taken that into account.
#24 - Jan. 12, 2007, 2:54 p.m.
Blizzard Post
Q u o t e:
Maybe Aeus here already knows that access to upgrade pages is forbidden? :)

Yes, we do :)
Antici.......pation.
#28 - Jan. 12, 2007, 3:04 p.m.
Blizzard Post
Q u o t e:

Are we quoting Rocky horror pucture show now?

/Cookie for you :)
#29 - Jan. 12, 2007, 3:05 p.m.
Blizzard Post
Q u o t e:

So you're a "we" now?
If you start assimilation, i am OUTTA here!!!

I'm waiting on the other side, see you soon ;)