/sarcasm Thanks Blizz!

#0 - Jan. 25, 2007, 6:24 p.m.
Blizzard Post
Not only a dmg reduction to my SW:Pain, THE spell for leveling as priest, but a nice nerf, un-documented of course, to Mindblast as well.

Now to those that are already saying, nuh huh, or be more specific, here you go;
Im 5/5 for shadow power. Thats +15% crit to mindblast. +My usual 6.xx% spell crit (yes, I realize that 6% is low, but I go for + shadow power over +int) Before the patch, I was seeing MB crit every 5th -6th cast, at 1100, now Im getting a MB crit once every 10-12 casts, crits for 964.

Im also seeing the EXACT same numbers whether Im unbuffed in shadowform, or buffed with Adepts Elixir, Wizzard oil and a +25 int pot.
#22 - Jan. 25, 2007, 7:02 p.m.
Blizzard Post
Q u o t e:

LMAO, if you beleive Blizz over actual ingame data, you're a moron. And you lost 7dmg per tick? Get better gear then, I lost 30points a tick from the base dmg and Im not even in great gear. As for "you do realize that the chance to crit is a "chance" to crit correct? as in not guaranteed to crit every 5-6 times"
YOU do realize the OP said it was every 5-6 casts BEFORE the nerf and less often now, right? NOT that it should crit every 5-6 casts now with the talent, but that it DID, and doesn't now.

Our data is in-game data. I double-checked with the developers yesterday in fact when this first came up. Everytime there is a change to spells, people start posting that they feel other things have changed and cite data. However, most often, their information is often wrong. People who look for something else to be changed will find it even if it's not really there.

Please keep in mind that we DO take these sorts of reports seriously though and DO double-check just in case someone's perception is truth and there was some inintentional change slipped in. In this case, it does not exist.
#34 - Jan. 25, 2007, 7:20 p.m.
Blizzard Post
Q u o t e:

Thx for shutting this idiot up.

But while i have your attention, Does blizz look at class vs class match ups or its it more of a broad view of a class? And does the include any spec or just base class with no talents / gear ect?

We don't balance based on 1 vs 1 but we do take a look at match ups to a degree in a sort of rock/paper/scissors way. Most is considered based on group PvP however, and of course a lot of testing is done with various specs and gear. It's a bit more complex than just match ups though and takes in the broader view as well as the individual view.

I didn't copy and paste my response. I rarely do that and if/when I do I note where it's a copy and paste from. ;)
#47 - Jan. 25, 2007, 7:48 p.m.
Blizzard Post
Q u o t e:

Neth,

Once more - thanks for actually sticking around more than a few hours in a few months.

I've posted a series of questions for you twice that basically reflect a great deal of the concerns, yet you ignore them in favor of addressing mindless questions like: Blizz doesn't collect data. Of course you collect data, only an idiot monkey would believe you dpn't.

Why are you only answering the easy ones and just ignoring the hard ones?

I've been reading through a lot of the posts and have passed on a lot of questions for more answers. The only problem at this point is I've most likely overloaded the rest of the team with questions so may not get the answers all at once but more like a trickling over time. I'll do what I can to get back on as many things as possible.
#53 - Jan. 25, 2007, 8:11 p.m.
Blizzard Post
Q u o t e:

Nethaera, this is my first response to a CM since I've started playing and reading the forums 2 years ago. I remember your introduction as a CM a while back, and I've appreciated your professionalism and have followed your responses when possible on various subjects.

I'm one of those "silent majorities" I guess, because I'm the kind of person who don't feel the need to complain to "get the wheel greased". I'll just take my business elsewhere, and unless I feel it's deserving, I will not waste my time to give a company feedback because it's blantantly obvious that the company didn't put any thoughts into that specific action which caused me to terminate our business relationship in the first place. I have a high level of patience and optimism and this usually takes months or years before I make such a decision.

I feel compelled to write you because I feel you deserve to hear from those who are not usually vocal about changes and their thoughts. I hope you are still keeping an eye on this thread as this post was actually written for the "Why the nerf" thread.

There's nothing new that you've not heard from many Priests on this forum:

1. Low survivability in BG
2. PW:S scaling in regards to damage
3. Poor 41 point talents
4. Healing not to scale to damage
5. Mana regeneration

For reference my stats, gear, spec, and experience are as follows:

Healing set: 925 +healing (with DS)
Damage set: 375 +damage (with DS)
Leveling set: 725 +healing, 375 +damage (with DS)
Armor: 33% mitigation to damage (with regular IF)
Gear: T2 & T2.5 with GM Mace and Nef Orb
Experience: Naxx guild 5 bosses killed
Spec: 23/30/0 with Surge of Light & Imp Divine Spirit

The suggestions I'm making are based on my gameplay experience in WoW.

Graphs, diagrams, "hard numbers", and equations cannot replace the fun and "personal" factor that a player develops with his/her toon. On paper a Priest may be the most "effective" healer, but it's not fun when they are passed up for equally capable Hybrids or get 3 shotted by a Warrior in BG while a shield is up.

My first toon was a Rogue, and while leveling was very fun and exciting, it soon became apparent that Rogues didn't have a place in endgame. Having your poisons immune in MC and being a liability in ZG was one reason I moved to a healer. To this day, I'm still convinced that Rogues are easily replaced by DPS warriors due to the Rogue's liability and diminishing difference in their DPS.

As a Priest, I love healing. It's extremely engaging and I'm happy to be a key supporting class. I don't need to have the killing blow or glory, and yet I know that I helped a great deal when we clear a raid boss.

I would like to thank whoever is responsible for changing DS to make more of an impact to our class, and for the new upcoming spells on our way to 70. SW:D, BH, SF, PoM are excellent spells and I'm sure they will be very handy in certain situations, especially PoM, BH, and SF.

Unfortunately we require additional attention to key areas as I've mentioned above. This may result in a "nerf" to other classes (the easy way out IMO), or a thorough planning from decision makers on how to mend the damage they have inadvertantly caused for Priests. While I'm not going to repeat what you don't already know, I would like to point out a few important factors so far as I'm leveling to 64:

1. PW:S: I'm not going to say that I enjoy being 3 shotted by one player while I've shielded, PS, Renew, and 5 steps away from my team in BG that it's simply not fun to not have a fighting chance in BG. Mind you that I was in a bush healing in the back. This was lvl 60 BG btw.

I was leveling last night in Zangarmarsh with my wife and a level 63 mob was hitting for 650+. This was not an elite. That 63 elite one shotted through my PW:S. Unless this is working as intended, there are some serious issues for the Priest class.

2. If a 63 mob is hitting for 650 on cloth, I wonder how much they will hurt my guildies on raids in the harder instances? This brings up the level of healing spells I'll have to use, along with the way I'll have to adjust to regenerate my mana for the duration of the fight. The new SF is nice, however I'd prefer a Druid or Mage talent anyday.

3. Inferior 41 point talents in Disc and Holy. If we were able to dispel the Felguard, Trees, or Water Elemental I think most Priests will be happy. I will not go 41 points into Holy to replace PoH; it doesn't make sense, regardless how "efficient" it is over PoH.

Neth, I truly hope you can understand that I echo most of the concerns that have already been presented. You can certainly look back at my post history and see that you are indeed the first CM I've taken the time to respond to, because I trust that you'll relay this information wisely. I feel it's not so much the 5% "nerf" that people are angry; it's the lack of "damage control" and explanations to a patient class.

If I may suggest, next time please advise the decision makers to consider all angles before releasing changes that may affect your player base. Case in point is the former 30% PvP honor changes, and the subsequent reduction to Warriors' and Hunters' abilities. Going back and explaining that there was a mistake is not easy. Why not do it right the first time? Perhaps this is why your notes from the Priest's forums are "overwhelming" the developers and monopolizing their time. There are quite a few areas in our class to "fix".

Thank you for keeping a level head despite constant criticism. Many of us appreciate what you all go through daily.

Thank you Holymoley. I appreciate you taking the time to post and will make sure that it also is added into the feedback.
#66 - Jan. 25, 2007, 9:17 p.m.
Blizzard Post
Q u o t e:
since the SW:P nerf ive noticed onyxia deep breaths more

I think she might have a cold. Perhaps offering a cough drop would help?
#94 - Feb. 9, 2007, 7:07 p.m.
Blizzard Post
Q u o t e:

1/25/07

That's what, 2 weeks ago?

Amazingly this proves that time does in fact pass. Fascinating!