WoW on dial up, possible?

#0 - Jan. 27, 2007, 10:35 p.m.
Blizzard Post
Hey i just got dial up because of moving to a less populated country styled area and cant get highspeed where i live. is it even possible to play on dial up? anyone whos played on dial up would be a great help
i am thinkin of makin a class that doesnt require to much reactiion time, like hunter or lock.
#4 - Jan. 27, 2007, 10:46 p.m.
Blizzard Post
When the expansion came out, we had to bump up the minimum requirements that we could reasonably support. Developing technology will do this to games. While it is technically feasible to play WoW on dial-up, there may be a number of issues that result from this that we can not reasonably support, due to variations that are out of our ability to change or adjust. The network or ISP that people use can add a number of factors to connecting to the service that we simply can't account for or change in a meaningful way.

This company has always kept a strong ideal to be as inclusive as possible for various system configurations, but there are only so many varieties of configuration that we can provide direct technical support for.

With that in mind, it is possible to play on dial-up, just not optimal.