Why no Draenei Locks?

#0 - Feb. 7, 2007, 8:59 p.m.
Blizzard Post
I know they are against anything demonic but blizzard could've made something up about how some convereted to the Eredar ways. It would be sick being like Kil'Jaeden and Archimonde. who agrees?
#11 - Feb. 7, 2007, 10:01 p.m.
Blizzard Post
Q u o t e:
I know they are against anything demonic but blizzard could've made something up about how some convereted to the Eredar ways. It would be sick being like Kil'Jaeden and Archimonde. who agrees?

The Draenei shun such power. They are a truly good race and try to live up to the best ideals of their people. Warlocks tend to get a little down and dirty into some pretty tainted powers and even should they use the power for good, it's not exactly a practice the Draenei would open their arms to. They would much rather aspire to be more like the Naaru than to go back to the ways of Archimonde.
#20 - Feb. 7, 2007, 10:06 p.m.
Blizzard Post
Q u o t e:

They can't be a lock.
But they can be a shadowpriest?

People have long debated where that particular power comes from. ;)
#31 - Feb. 7, 2007, 10:30 p.m.
Blizzard Post
Q u o t e:

Gnomes are concentrated Awesome.

I'm going to go with this answer. ;) They are like little powderkegs running amok. Too much sugar and "Kaboom!"
#56 - Feb. 7, 2007, 11:21 p.m.
Blizzard Post
Q u o t e:

An individual of the Draenei wouldn't. They're Draenei because they shunned such powers. If they wanted to be a Warlocks then they would have joined Kil'jaden and Archimonde and become Man'ari Eredar.

This is pretty much it too. They are called Draenei because of the choices they have made.

Think of this as well, there are many factions among the different races. Just because they might look similiar or the same does not mean they are of the same sort. There are different tribal alignments of Orcs and Trolls. There are humans that don't quite sign on to what Stormwind decrees for them. Even the Blood Elves aren't all aligned. The story shifts a bit when you move from Silvermoon to Outland as things continue to unfold. Things tend to be a bit more complex than merely race. It's about the choices everyone makes that sets their paths.