Shadow word death SUCKS, it needs a change.

#0 - Feb. 9, 2007, 4:10 a.m.
Blizzard Post
http://www.wowitemcreator.com/view/6753/Shadow_Word_Death.html

As is I don't see any reason to use shadow word death at all. None. I'd rather wait for the mind blast to cooldown, or just wand for the last few damage. In PVP being hit for 1.2k+ will more likely hurt you more then the target.

I also find that when soloing I run into mana problems. I end up buying 100water from mages for like, 30s. (It helps alot).

Let's make it worth casting. THe mana cost isn't alot, so that helps, but if I do end up using it, it would not be hoping to kill somebody in pvp. HP varies too much to be sure, and by casting that I could very quickly lose. I'd never use it on a warrior. Too much HP, if I didn't kill him, it could blow my shield off so he could run right up to me in deathwish mode, to launch an axe in my face.

The linke above leads to a site where you can make custom spells.

Also... They could change the name from shadow word death to shadow word symphon, or something.
#71 - Feb. 9, 2007, 6:38 p.m.
Blizzard Post
Ok, I need to pop in on this one and have to say that all the priests I know LOVE SW:D. It's very tasty especially when it crits and it's great as a tagging spell and as a finisher given that it is such a low mana cost and is instant.

So if you believe it isn't useful, you might want to play with it a bit more and see if you change your mind.

Try shielding up before using it to tag so you don't take the damage hit and also shield up (if you can) before a finishing strike if you feel you can't accurately gage a mob's leftover hp.