When do we get surnames?

#0 - Feb. 22, 2007, 4:30 p.m.
Blizzard Post
Not sure why it popped into my head, I was actually reading a post about Druid damage mitigation..

Anyway, when do we get surnames? It adds an epic feel to your character, and I think that it would be a nice little addition. Every other successful MMO I've played (lots) have had surnames, and I think Blizzard should consider this!

If it is already in the works, disregard this post.

PS: I swear to God if anyone replies to this with a waffle recipe, it better include chocolate chips..
#5 - Feb. 22, 2007, 4:47 p.m.
Blizzard Post
Q u o t e:
Not sure why it popped into my head, I was actually reading a post about Druid damage mitigation..

Anyway, when do we get surnames? It adds an epic feel to your character, and I think that it would be a nice little addition. Every other successful MMO I've played (lots) have had surnames, and I think Blizzard should consider this!

If it is already in the works, disregard this post.

PS: I swear to God if anyone replies to this with a waffle recipe, it better include chocolate chips..

I believe this is still something we would like to do at some point in the future, but honestly there is no specific time table that I'm aware of. I know there are many RP guilds and guilds in general that would love to be able to add surnames to further identify their members and 'family' by. Of course it's also a great tool for RP in general as well and for players to feel they are personalizing their character even more. I wish I had something more solid to tell you but I can say the idea is still on the table and hasn't been brushed off into a dustbin yet.
#37 - Feb. 22, 2007, 5:21 p.m.
Blizzard Post
I believe there are technical considerations much like with titles and making sure there is proper space for the allowances. While it's also a nice addition on the RP end, it doesn't add anything gameplay wise and isn't something absolutely pivotal in the progression of the game. (Please don't take that as a dis toward RP, I'm an RPer myself when I have the time to get into it.) It's not going to take top priority over things like new dungeons.