Druid forms, used models and NE ears!

#0 - Feb. 22, 2007, 9:21 a.m.
Blizzard Post
This post is mostly about Tauren druids, but some facts are there for every druid.

This post is about players having a character that didnt get enough attenttion when it comes to moddeling (Im sure im not the only one who noticed it).

Its really bugs me how little attention the druid forms got. we dont get new items and new look all the time, we are stuck with the same look forever, that should atleast make you create some cool looking models that we wont be sick of looking at after realising its just some modified monster/mount.

I mean the guys at Blizzard made a whole new world, tons of items and new monsters, but some of the drudi forms look like a fast slappy work (at least for me).

I have specced both Feral and Balance (cant say anything bout the tree) and I didnt like many things on my forms.

1st of all: Tauren Catform form is a modified model of the Horde flying "taxi" AND the flying mounts. I really hate the catform especially in TBC because simply put "I see everyone riding around on Druids with wings!". And it also looks dumb instead of Cunning and Dangerous, whitch is how a DD form should look like.

2nd: Moonkin is another modified monster, and its missing a LOT of animations (skinning, looting, emotes, etc), the rest of its animations are probably also taken from other creatures, Dancing for sure is taken from Ogres (and it looks much better on the ogre model, since it was made for it). I mean ok, its fun and cudly, but I doubt people consider it as a cool form you get at 40 lvl, more like something you HAVE to use since u need the benefits it gives you.

3rd: NE ears. I mean comon, since when Tauren had these huge pointy ears? I really feel that my class+race combination got very little attention when I see NE ears in my Seal or Stormcrow form.

I am not flaming Blizzard, im just sad that while all classes get to look so cool with new items and enchants, druids stil always look the same, and on top of that the models are pretty much copy paste and edited models.

To sum it all: Give us a break, if we got to look on the same damn model from level 20-70 regardless of the items we wear, at least make it a damn cool one, not a ripped monster model.

I hope you people will understand what i mean, cheers.
#17 - Feb. 22, 2007, 7:49 p.m.
Blizzard Post
Q u o t e:
These threads are getting more and more common, its obviously something we druids really want. We've had a Blue response before that basically said its a nice idea but not a priority. That was about 3 months or so ago though hopefully its moving up on their list of priorities.

That is correct. :-)

Unfortunately there are no updates available on this matter, so I'm afraid that I am unable to provide any ETA for when we will see a revamp for the looks of the various Druid forms.