02/03 Tseric on the Paladin role

#0 - March 2, 2007, 2:12 p.m.
Blizzard Post
The role of the Paladin class is to be a healing/tank hybrid. Every class needs some capacity to deal damage, as that is the primary component for the solo game, but Paladins have always placed fairly low on the damage spectrum.

Rogues define the baseline measurement and, on average, all classes fall below that baseline. Now, in certain cases some classes may exceed that baseline, whether they be a Mage in a particular raid encounter or a Fury Warrior having a good run in a BG, but on average that is the way damage is arranged.

Burst damage and big crits are harder to control and design from a development perspective, due to the number of random or unpredictable elements in any formula. Therefore, crit-based abilities and burst damage tends to see more fine tuning and tweaking than sustainable damage.

As far as tanking and healing, the Paladin has been given plenty of tools for healing and threat gain/management.
#9 - March 2, 2007, 2:23 p.m.
Blizzard Post
Q u o t e:
Tell us something we don't know?

Well, the question keeps coming up, so it seems not everyone is as knowledgeable as you :)
#55 - March 2, 2007, 3:22 p.m.
Blizzard Post
Q u o t e:
PS your late to the party I posted this last night! :P

I'm never invited to your parties anyway :(

Q u o t e:
Its been over 24 hours since Tseric made the post, there have been 13 pages of paladins posting after him and Blizzard have not responded. Im simply saying dont hold your breath if you want to have a discussion with them.

They need to sleep too. I assume they have 8 hour work day over there as well.

Q u o t e:
It's just me that noticed that they wrote HEALER/Tank and not TANK/Healer?

WTS [Tinfoil Hat]
#59 - March 2, 2007, 3:24 p.m.
Blizzard Post
I'm sorry about the tinfoil hat joke. That was unnecessary. I should not post when stupidly tired on a Friday.

See you next week, looking forward to interesting replies (skip the ascii).
#160 - March 3, 2007, 3:34 p.m.
Blizzard Post
Q u o t e:
Ommra, please stop wasting time posting in pointless threads and posting pointless threads, read some of the suggestions, make a note of them, and pass them on to the developers. That is your job, you get paid out of the money we pay for subscriptions. Sorry to sound so rude, but please just do it.

Reading suggestions and pass them on is what I do, you don't have to explain my job to me. You pay for subscriptions to play the game, not to have access to the forums. The fact that Blizzard pays my salary does not give you the right to be rude.

I don't think this is a pointless thread at all, it's an interesting discussion (for most parts, a bit too much trolling sometimes for my taste. Luckily it's easy to ignore the trolling and only read the constructive posts).

I'll be back in the office on Monday, but will read your opinions whenever I have time before that.