Blue: I thought LFG channel was coming back?

#0 - March 7, 2007, 1:09 a.m.
Blizzard Post
Annoyingly I can't find the blue post about this, but last week a CM said that the LFG channel would be brought back and I was disappointed not to see it in the current patch.
<br>
<br>Blue, could you please confirm that this is still the plan, and perhaps let us know if it will be in the next patch?
#3 - March 7, 2007, 1:17 a.m.
Blizzard Post
It is, it will be in the next major content patch. We're also looking at some other improvements based on feedback and suggestions, but as they're not quite done we're not willing to discuss them just yet. As soon as we have new info we can release we'll let you know.
#6 - March 7, 2007, 1:30 a.m.
Blizzard Post
Q u o t e:
So this "next" content patch...does that really mean the next one or one sometime in the future that may or may not be the "next" patch. There is still stuff slated for "next" patch that got superseded by the BC 2.0.0 patch.

Generally patches are numbered by the 'Major.Minor.Patch.Build' designations (currently we're at 2.0.10.6448). In the case of "next major content patch" we are generally referring to a new Minor release. That may not always be the case though, which is why we tend to simply say "next major content patch".
#12 - March 7, 2007, 3:12 a.m.
Blizzard Post
Q u o t e:
Noooooo, I want an LFG tool =(.

The LFG channel will only be available to those using the LFG tool and set to be looking for a group or looking for more. It's an addition to the LFG tool and requires its use, not as an alternative or replacement.