Hunters...

#0 - March 28, 2007, 3:57 p.m.
Blizzard Post
No, this is not another Hunter bashing post, I play a Hunter and have a few questions. Why do we even use a Quiver in a bag slot? What moron came up with that? We have a potential 16 less bag slots because of the stupid quiver. Is the quiver even worth it? It says it increases DPS by 10%. Does it make a big difference? I love my Hunter, no doubt about that, but seriously.....Quivers...annoy me
#11 - March 28, 2007, 5:51 p.m.
Blizzard Post
Q u o t e:
No, this is not another Hunter bashing post, I play a Hunter and have a few questions. Why do we even use a Quiver in a bag slot? What moron came up with that? We have a potential 16 less bag slots because of the stupid quiver. Is the quiver even worth it? It says it increases DPS by 10%. Does it make a big difference? I love my Hunter, no doubt about that, but seriously.....Quivers...annoy me

Warlocks can have a soul bag, herbalists an herb bag, etc. Hunters aren't the only ones that have something that takes a bag slot, however, hunters get that little bit of extra with the small buff from having a quiver. Plus, you don't have to manually replace arrows in the projectile slot either. (Ok, ok, I just tossed that in there though we know you don't have to anyway.) The arrows are going to take up space anyway so you might as well have a convenient place to store them and get a little bump for it too with thte 10% bonus.

It looks pretty good on your back too. :)
#15 - March 28, 2007, 5:56 p.m.
Blizzard Post
Q u o t e:
Neth, could you also answer a quick question? When the arena season is going to end? Or at least confirm/deny if it IS April 15th?

I've got a member of my 2v2 team that will be out of town that week from early tuesday to late sunday (the 15th). I would appreciate knowing if we should be concerned or not. We look to be in good position to get a netherdrake and I'd hate to see him miss out on it because we were missing vital information like when the season ended or what it took for a person on the team to get a netherdrake (from what I understand they need to play 30% of the seasons games, but I don't know if it would be alright for him to miss the last week or not)...

I don't have a date for that just yet. Once we have something solid, we'll let people know. Sorry. ;/
#27 - March 28, 2007, 6:01 p.m.
Blizzard Post
Q u o t e:

Any reason our quivers are significantly smaller than the other bags you mentioned? I.e. our best quiver has 18 slots as opposed to 24 (25% less).

This is a good question for me to ask actually. At this point, I'm going to use an educated guess and say that it may be because each slot can hold 200 arrows versus say, stacks of 20 herbs or one soul shard per slot. Also, I'm going to guess that it may also be that hunters don't necessarily use more arrows in instances and encounters than they did prior to the Burning Crusade. That said, however, I could be wrong about either of those so will definitely ask about it.
#79 - March 28, 2007, 6:53 p.m.
Blizzard Post
Q u o t e:

oh boy. Hunters are going to have a field day with this post neth.

3. manually replacing ammo. I won't even touch this one :P

I tossed that in there for the heck of it. I'm hoping people don't burn me at the cross for a little humor. I like to toss things in now and then like chum in shark infested water.

Also, please note, I'm not saying whether there is a need for larger quivers or not at this point. I'm saying I'll ask whether there is a particular reason there aren't or if larger quivers are in consideration. :)

To someone else saying I had said it was a damage bonus on the quiver, I didn't. It is an increase to ranged attack speed by 10%. My hunter has a 10 slot quiver not an 8 at current. Woohoo!
#84 - March 28, 2007, 7:07 p.m.
Blizzard Post
Q u o t e:

neth, you still are dodging the actual concerns that people are raising in this thread. You are not addressing the fact that quiver haste is inherent in our balancing (making them required), the fact that the quiver requirement is in addition to the fact that we pay money for every shot we fire, the fact that we still have to carry around multiple gear sets (just like every other class), and the fact that other design considerations currently in the game clearly reveal that there are already solutions to the quiver problem, thus the fact that no solution has been implemented is deliberate.

Oh, I'm not dodging. I would be dodging if I had an answer to give and just didn't want to give it. At this point, what you say is subjective as to whether it is necessary or not ffrom a balance perspective. Some on this thread have said you can go without the quiver completely without any detriment. Others have said it's instrumental.

As I've already said, I can bring up the concern to the rest of the team and see if I can find out more.
#89 - March 28, 2007, 7:10 p.m.
Blizzard Post
Q u o t e:
Hmm, Neth let slip that she plays a hunter. :P

That's not a slip. :) People also know I have a priest. I've also played at least a little of every class type and both Alliance and Horde. I've been around long enough to have multiple characters over multiple realms.