Name locks.

#1 - March 8, 2011, 6:07 p.m.
Blizzard Post
I recently rerolled horde on my server and made my mains name more masculine (used to be a chick character), and I wanted to bring over an old horde toon from another server to give it my old main's name, but it's locked. I am hearing 90 days on a name lock, which is just plain ridonculous.

Why are names locked? I see possible reasons for the name lock (payment failure or g-bank swipes), but I can think of scenarios that make those reasons moot and unecessary, especially if the original creator of the name on the same server is going to give that name to another toon on their account.

Forum Avatar
Support Forum Agent
#10 - March 8, 2011, 8:13 p.m.
Blizzard Post
03/08/2011 10:07 AMPosted by Zebal
Why are names locked?
A Name lock is simply part of the process when you opt to change your name, Zebal.

As stated in our FAQ:

What will happen to the character's old name?
If you opt to change the character's name, the name will be locked from use on the realm for 90 days. You are not required to change the character's name, though; this is simply an option we provide included with the Faction Change.

If you that the current functionality should change, please post your feedback in our General Forum.

http://us.battle.net/wow/en/forum/984270/