Is wow continue to be for hardcore only?

#0 - April 16, 2007, 4:08 p.m.
Blizzard Post
hello.. after playing of more than 2 years, i have enough of this... promises and promises about beeing friendly to casuals...

i am casual, i play few hours per day, but as all in game.. i want to look good, have a decent gear etc etc... but after a 2 years playing, i realized, that wow is keep on getting to be for hardcores only and ONLY.

all i want to know here is, how many casuals think the same way as me.. or is it just me...i like wow, i really do.. but me and my friends are already thinking of quiting when new mmorpgs comes out if they will be what developers are promising.

so, does blizzard have that much pride, to anwser about the question, WHAT IS GOING TO CHANGE THAT WOW IS MORE FRIENDLY TO CASUALS?

take care boys and girls..
#9 - April 16, 2007, 4:32 p.m.
Blizzard Post
Q u o t e:
hello.. after playing of more than 2 years, i have enough of this... promises and promises about beeing friendly to casuals...

i am casual, i play few hours per day, but as all in game.. i want to look good, have a decent gear etc etc... but after a 2 years playing, i realized, that wow is keep on getting to be for hardcores only and ONLY.

all i want to know here is, how many casuals think the same way as me.. or is it just me...i like wow, i really do.. but me and my friends are already thinking of quiting when new mmorpgs comes out if they will be what developers are promising.

so, does blizzard have that much pride, to anwser about the question, WHAT IS GOING TO CHANGE THAT WOW IS MORE FRIENDLY TO CASUALS?

take care boys and girls..

Do you have any suggestions yourself? Could you elaborate a bit on why you think WoW isn't friendly to casuals? Actually, since there are so many different opinions on what a casual player is, how would you define a "casual player"?

Feel free to reply, the rest of you as well :)
#19 - April 16, 2007, 4:55 p.m.
Blizzard Post
Q u o t e:
I, personally would love some sort of chess, cardgame, checkers... Mini-games, basically.

That will get implemented eventually, think we posted about it a while back.

/end off-topic
#159 - April 18, 2007, 5:07 p.m.
Blizzard Post
First off; thank you all for contributing. It has been a very interesting read. I am very happy that flaming and ranting has been kept out of this thread, and that so many different people have shared their views in a constructive manner. It makes me warm and fuzzy inside.

There are many threads at the moment regarding the content after level 70, mainly the raids and instances. Some players express the opinion that the 5 man instances and Karazhan are too difficult to manage for pugs or non-optimal groups, which narrows the accessibility for the players who aren’t as experienced as the hardcore raiders (but who still want to see some of the end-game content).

There are lots of fun 5 man instances that are pretty easy to manage for a group of people used to playing with each other in a guild, but some players state that a few of them are difficult to complete in a pug (especially Shadow Labs and the Tempest Keep 5-mans have been mentioned). It has also been claimed that it can be tricky to complete for example Black Morass without an “optimal” group setup, with the exact classes with the exact specs needed. This also makes it difficult to get a group formed (and to complete the instance if you don’t have this optimal setup). Respawn rate in Karazhan has been mentioned as well.

These are some of the opinions expressed in this and other threads. More soloing content has been requested as well, and I hope you will enjoy the new quest areas in the upcoming patch (Ethereum Prison, Skettis and Ogri’la).
#201 - April 19, 2007, 8:45 p.m.
Blizzard Post
Q u o t e:
Oh come on Ommra, who was looking over your shoulder when you wrote that ?

That's a prepared, drafted response - we're not journalists here about to publish something bad, we're players and we'd like at least some proper recognition for the suggestions and replies we gave (and have given for a LONG time) - not some pre-prepared statement from your marketting department.
That's terrible :(

Seriously! That's a slap in the face (an unacceptable one at that :p). Pre-prepared you say? Drafted? Well, no. I put a lot of time in reading this and other threads on the subject and tried to summarise what most people said without leaving too much out.

Read it again, kkthx.
#317 - Oct. 23, 2008, 9:16 a.m.
Blizzard Post
That which has not passed time's test, should not be resurrected from rest.