Patch Issue with Leg armors

#0 - May 25, 2007, 7:32 a.m.
Blizzard Post
Since the patch release it is no longer possible to add spell thread enhancements to items which are not at least level35, however it IS possible to add clefthide and cobra armor kits to items which are less than level35.

I understand and accept that level19 and level29 pvp brackets are not a part of standard Blizzard development. So be it, however in this case there have been changes to the system that had been in place prior to the patch.

By tampering with what has previously been established, I think Blizzard ought to follow through with the consistancy of their changes. At the very least make it so the leatherworking armor kits only work on items which are 35+ (there are enough hunters and rogues pvping in this bracket already :P). However I advocate taking this a step further. By grandfathering in existing leg items with the upgrades, it will be impossible for new characters in the lower brackets to compete on an even playing field.

Follow through with the changes which have already been made and remove the existing armor kits on >35 items.

Allow new players to have an opportunity to create the perfect 29.

Thanks
#12 - May 25, 2007, 7:26 p.m.
Blizzard Post
Q u o t e:
Since the patch release it is no longer possible to add spell thread enhancements to items which are not at least level35, however it IS possible to add clefthide and cobra armor kits to items which are less than level35.

I understand and accept that level19 and level29 pvp brackets are not a part of standard Blizzard development. So be it, however in this case there have been changes to the system that had been in place prior to the patch.

By tampering with what has previously been established, I think Blizzard ought to follow through with the consistancy of their changes. At the very least make it so the leatherworking armor kits only work on items which are 35+ (there are enough hunters and rogues pvping in this bracket already :P). However I advocate taking this a step further. By grandfathering in existing leg items with the upgrades, it will be impossible for new characters in the lower brackets to compete on an even playing field.

Follow through with the changes which have already been made and remove the existing armor kits on >35 items.

Allow new players to have an opportunity to create the perfect 29.

Thanks

This change was unintentional, and we will be correcting this in an upcoming patch so that you will once again be able to use all spellthread enchants on leggings of all levels.
#33 - May 25, 2007, 10:57 p.m.
Blizzard Post
Q u o t e:

Can't you just say something like "Oh, we changed our minds". This is like calling the addition of Druids to the class requirements of Thistle Tea and Rage pots unintentional. Just say you weren't happy with the results and leave it at that.

I would say that if it was an intentional change that we decided we didn't like. In this case though, it wasn't intended.