Lvling as holy, can it be done?

#0 - June 5, 2007, 8:09 p.m.
Blizzard Post
well I figured it could be done sens I lvled a restro shamen but as I never see this as preist that I run into before lvl 70 I'm wondering if some bright preist out there can tell me why. I can only guess a pure holy priest is not there to put big burst damage down in pvp but spot heal and help your team I engoy this with my shamen so thats not the question at hand. I guess what I rly would like to know is why is there no holy preist till the mid 60's? Is it that painstakingly awful to try and lvl just a pure holy priest? R they rly mana inifishent when it comes down to pve so u r drinking after every fight? TY for the reply's in advance...
#32 - June 5, 2007, 5:50 p.m.
Blizzard Post
Q u o t e:
well I figured it could be done sens I lvled a restro shamen but as I never see this as preist that I run into before lvl 70 I'm wondering if some bright preist out there can tell me why. I can only guess a pure holy priest is not there to put big burst damage down in pvp but spot heal and help your team I engoy this with my shamen so thats not the question at hand. I guess what I rly would like to know is why is there no holy preist till the mid 60's? Is it that painstakingly awful to try and lvl just a pure holy priest? R they rly mana inifishent when it comes down to pve so u r drinking after every fight? TY for the reply's in advance...

I leveled using a combination of holy and discipline (though mostly holy). Though I still leveled the character fairly quickly, the process to level is slower than shadow, without a doubt. I'd only recommend doing so if you're not attempting to power-level your priest.
#54 - June 5, 2007, 6:31 p.m.
Blizzard Post
Q u o t e:

Eyonix, you ever tried Holy/Disc leveling prior to the 1.10 priest patch?

Painful...

EDIT: Oh yeah... blue in the forum.
Just waiting for all the ZOMG WTF to start...

I leveled 1-60 using holy/disc starting with patch 1.8, and yes, it was a slower process, but not completely painful -- for me anyway.