Lore Question: Kul Tiras? Where is it?

#0 - June 21, 2007, 9:33 p.m.
Blizzard Post
According to the official World of Warcraft map, Kul Tiras is strangely missing and does not appear off the shores of Khaz Modan. Kul Tiras was one of the seven human kingdoms yet strangely its island (between Stormwind and Lorderon) is missing and not on the map. All the others can be accounted for, besides Gilneas behind the Greymane Wall but at least theres indication of it being there.

I know this is a geeky question and has nothing really to do with the game, but I'm just curious because I've always been a fan of the story.
#6 - June 21, 2007, 9:52 p.m.
Blizzard Post
Q u o t e:
According to the official World of Warcraft map, Kul Tiras is strangely missing and does not appear off the shores of Khaz Modan. Kul Tiras was one of the seven human kingdoms yet strangely its island (between Stormwind and Lorderon) is missing and not on the map. All the others can be accounted for, besides Gilneas behind the Greymane Wall but at least theres indication of it being there.

I know this is a geeky question and has nothing really to do with the game, but I'm just curious because I've always been a fan of the story.

Well, I'm not sure this is really a lore question so much as a content question. As you are aware, there is a lot of lore that either exists now or is still waiting to be told. The logistics of including it all into the game is pretty expansive. Some things have obviously not been included in the game because we just couldn't get to it all. Some things have yet to be visited and included. I couldn't say for sure if a particular area will never be in game or not because as far as we're concerned, we still have a very long list of things we want to visit in the story and include.
#15 - June 21, 2007, 10:47 p.m.
Blizzard Post
Q u o t e:
They should spend some time fleshing out Azeroth. Lord knows we could use some new quest hubs 20-60.

We would still like to revisit some zones in Azeroth and add some more into them in the future. How distant that future is, I couldn't say. Maybe sooner. Maybe later, but it will happen.