AH in shat?

#0 - June 27, 2007, 6:49 p.m.
Blizzard Post
its really gotten old now, the joke has run its course, im sure the game designers got a good laugh watching all 8 million people come up with crazy ideas to deal with the AHs not even being on the right planet. and while i realize they want to still get us to stormwind so we can be spammed by lowbies for free money.... can you be kind for once and at least GIVE US A WAY BACK TO SHAT MAYBE? ive never used stockades more then when i rolled tailoring and have to go back to shat every time i wanna make an imbued netherweave bolt, but have no way of getting there, and end up inviting a lvl 1 noob in elwynn forrest, dropping grp in stocks to force my hearth, just to end up coming back to sw shortly to do it again cause there is no AH in shat......

there is no good excuse to why there isnt an ah in shat, or anywhere in outland, put it in netherspire if you must, but give us a way back if youre going to put it on the other side of the galaxy at least

Edited the title-Nethaera
#5 - June 27, 2007, 6:55 p.m.
Blizzard Post
Q u o t e:
its really gotten old now, the joke has run its course, im sure the game designers got a good laugh watching all 8 million people come up with crazy ideas to deal with the AHs not even being on the right planet. and while i realize they want to still get us to stormwind so we can be spammed by lowbies for free money.... can you be kind for once and at least GIVE US A WAY BACK TO SHAT MAYBE? ive never used stockades more then when i rolled tailoring and have to go back to shat every time i wanna make an imbued netherweave bolt, but have no way of getting there, and end up inviting a lvl 1 noob in elwynn forrest, dropping grp in stocks to force my hearth, just to end up coming back to sw shortly to do it again cause there is no AH in shat......

there is no good excuse to why there isnt an ah in shat, or anywhere in outland, put it in netherspire if you must, but give us a way back if youre going to put it on the other side of the galaxy at least

Edited the title-Nethaera

I'm sorry, but we don't have any plans to add an Auction House to Shattrath. We like that people need to interact with others still in Azeroth when visiting the Auction Houses there. We feel that the portals in Shattrath are a great way for people to travel back to Azeroth and that using a hearth stone is a legitimate way to travel back to Outland.

If you plan out your travels well, they should be going relatively smoothly.
#18 - June 27, 2007, 7:01 p.m.
Blizzard Post
Q u o t e:

You guys didn't even read the post

I did. I answered that we weren't putting in an AH and a hearthstone works great for getting back to Outland. Mages have it pretty easy to travel too. The suggestion has been made for putting in a way to get back to Outland many times before so isn't new. We just don't feel it's necessary at this point in time.
#88 - June 27, 2007, 7:44 p.m.
Blizzard Post
Q u o t e:

Ironically, there's 0 record that a CM has ever actually instigated any change in the game - so your argument is invalid.

I would argue with you on this, but frankly it's not really worth doing so. I much prefer letting people think as they wish in this regard since I would prefer not to stand around going "look what I did for you!" Not to mention, the ultimate decision to make changes comes down from the developers so you could say we've never made any changes ourselves if you want to lean heavily on technicalities. ;) What we do is for the good of the community as a whole, so it doesn't matter if we get 'credit' or not. We're going to keep doing our jobs either way.

Community Managers are also not moderators in the strictest sense. We do have the power to moderate and are expected to given that it's like being a cop that even off-duty is expected to act when they see a crime committed. Also, people underestimate the purpose of moderation in our jobs. We are here to help foster discussion on many levels and being able to moderate conversation is important.

Speaking of which, let's please try to keep this thread on topic. If you feel the need to further comment on CM performance, please feel free to email wowcmfeedback@blizzard.com .