300% Land Mounts for Azeroth?

#0 - Aug. 15, 2007, 8:03 p.m.
Blizzard Post
Has this option been considered? That might be too fast, I don't know. Even 200% or something.

I understand it would take a big overhaul to make flying mounts feasible in Azeroth, but introducing a super sonic land mount I wouldn't think would be much of an ordeal to implement. Has there ever been any mention of super fast mounts in any of the lore? Not that it would matter, just curious. Heck, you could even introduce a trinket that increases land mount speed by x%. That just wouldn't be as neat as a new "turbocharged" mount.
#13 - Aug. 15, 2007, 8:12 p.m.
Blizzard Post
Q u o t e:
Has this option been considered? That might be too fast, I don't know. Even 200% or something.

I understand it would take a big overhaul to make flying mounts feasible in Azeroth, but introducing a super sonic land mount I wouldn't think would be much of an ordeal to implement. Has there ever been any mention of super fast mounts in any of the lore? Not that it would matter, just curious. Heck, you could even introduce a trinket that increases land mount speed by x%. That just wouldn't be as neat as a new "turbocharged" mount.

Honestly, this goes back to the idea of faster travel minimizing the feel of the world having distance. We get that people want to get places as fast as possible and have continued to make improvements on flight paths as well as offering many different means of transportation. It's not about whether it can be implemented or not, but about how we want the world to feel.
#50 - Aug. 15, 2007, 8:44 p.m.
Blizzard Post
Q u o t e:

Dont you all understand that People who play WoW dont " feel " No one cares about the size, or speed, or getting along, or even this post.. No one feels anything .. were just zombies

You don't look like a Scourge to me... Kinda dwarfish actually...
#59 - Aug. 15, 2007, 9 p.m.
Blizzard Post
Q u o t e:
The flight paths suck.

Maybe if they didn't suck it wouldn't be an issue.

Easy fix.

Vaguery doesn't quite help us determine what needs improvements.

Specifics on flight paths that are problematic, however, are taken into account for improvements.
#68 - Aug. 15, 2007, 9:09 p.m.
Blizzard Post
Q u o t e:

This is a direct question to you then:

If I take every single flight path, say why it is "bad" and make suggestions would they be listened to?

I don't even have to take em all right now (as I am at work), but say one thing:

Why do you need to connect between 2 points to fly to some places?

This alone, if taken out of the game, would make flights a lot quicker in Azeroth and Outlands.

For example:

Shattrath --> Thrallmar, why do I need to do a circle around Falcon Watch (and require a "connection" there in order to even fly there)?

We've made improvements on flight paths before based on feedback from the forums. I can't come up with a specific one right now, but I know of some that were fairly recent that were improved on. You could consider main cities as large hubs like for airports. Sometimes you can't get a direct flight and need to take a connecting flight to get where you need to go.
#79 - Aug. 15, 2007, 9:19 p.m.
Blizzard Post
Q u o t e:
I respect your opinion neth and if this was my first chracter instead of around 20th+ id say thats logical...But ive been there and seen it all in azeroth many many MANY times over...Now...I just want to get places and fast without a hassle ya know? >.<

Noted and understood.

I find myself occasionally spending time rediscovering Azeroth when the mood strikes. I know I'm the exception, but now and again I like to remind myself of how much I enjoyed discovering those areas the first time.
#88 - Aug. 15, 2007, 9:29 p.m.
Blizzard Post
Q u o t e:

I'm seeing a trend in the way you talk, Neth. Allow me to translate the above into a bit more of a blunt statement, in case other people can't read between the blue lines.

You can't honestly tell me that Blizzard's CM's haven't spoken and thought like this for the last year or so.

There is a terrible trend people have on the forums ,whether in response to us or to others, in which people attempt to put untrue statements down as if it is a direct translation of some hidden meaning. It's not something I particularly enjoy both for myself or for others.

I can assure you, this isn't simply just about what 'we' want. Design isn't done in a bubble and you can bet we do have more than just the posters on the forums that share their thoughts and opinions such as friends, spouses, parents, siblings, fan sites, media sites and more. There is a very large population of people that play the game, care about it and we would be remiss if we didn't take that into account as we progress the development of the game.

Please refrain from attempting to make future such restatements and representing them as true.
#104 - Aug. 15, 2007, 9:59 p.m.
Blizzard Post
Q u o t e:
I can assure you Neth that you do not feel like rediscovering Azeroth. I have NEVER seen a player walking around a place to see the 'beauty' of the world. Are you joking?

Do you see people caring about the beauty of WSG or any zone? Do you see any posts saying; wow blah blah is beautiful. I'm really sick of your views as they make no logical sense but to make WoW seem 5000% greater (if even) than it actually is.

Make a poll and see of anyone who cares; I've yet to see any. What proof do you have? Quit saying there is a large population that cares when you have nothing at all supporting it.

Sheesh.

Apparently you have missed the threads that people start of "what is your favorite zone" etc. Yes, I've seen people talk about the beauty of the world, exploring it, and revisiting it as well. You are obviously not one of the people that care. We just don't agree on this issue is all.